JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 2dr with 50,000 miles. 35" KM2's for about 30,000 miles and have been pretty hard on them. Yesterday I went out to intentionally break the axel. Wheeled it like it was an 82 ford that I stole from my cousin. 4th gear low and lockers on every where I went. Up hills and over rocks through mud with rocks mixed in. Counted 4 wheelies, one they said carried the front wheels 4 ft off the ground and slammed it back to the ground. poor little v6 redlined all day. Guys I wheel with thought I was on Meth. Bottom line is that I couldnt break the axel even though I beat the snot out of it. Take that you village whore. 37's here I come

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
I have an 07 2dr with 50,000 miles. 35" KM2's for about 30,000 miles and have been pretty hard on them. Yesterday I went out to intentionally break the axel. Wheeled it like it was an 82 ford that I stole from my cousin. 4th gear low and lockers on every where I went. Up hills and over rocks through mud with rocks mixed in. Counted 4 wheelies, one they said carried the front wheels 4 ft off the ground and slammed it back to the ground. poor little v6 redlined all day. Guys I wheel with thought I was on Meth. Bottom line is that I couldnt break the axel even though I beat the snot out of it. Take that you village whore. 37's here I come
ARE you on Meth?:shaking:

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
sounds like fun, there have been broken axles on 35s before though!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Sounds fun, but may I ask why? lol
sure breaking an axles not so bad, easy fix. What happens when you whoops and break the housing? then youre screwed lol

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
i bet right after you put on the 37s and lower the jeep... the axles will snap right in the driveway. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
have u tried turning the steering wheel either way till it stops then hammered it on the rocks? :D
This I have done and still didnt break
what axle do you have?
D44 all stock, I do want to reinforce everything though. sleeves and c gusset at the very least
ARE you on Meth?:shaking:
Not that day but maybe it was leftovers from some other time.;)
i bet right after you put on the 37s and lower the jeep... the axles will snap right in the driveway. :laughing:
that would be my luck. actually I think my good luck was used up on that trip. 1 week later I curbed my wifes new challenger and bent 2 wheels and ruined 2 tires. You always pay somewhere

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
from what i hear they break just by looking at bigger tires:thefinger:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts