JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'd like to add brighter headlight bulbs along with glass housing, anyone know of a company that makes these products? :shaking: please let me know the companies website thanks in advance for your help with this issue :bounce:

the stock headlights suck :pissed:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Try Susquhana Motor Sports (sorry about the spelling) and their kit for the JK, web search the HID kits and Northrige4x4.com is supposed to have a kit out by X-mas using the Fatboy bulbs.

I'm personally waiting on Northridges kit but you are correct in the fact that the stock headlights are about as bad as they get....

Mikey

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try Susquhana Motor Sports (sorry about the spelling) and their kit for the JK, web search the HID kits and Northrige4x4.com is supposed to have a kit out by X-mas using the Fatboy bulbs.

I'm personally waiting on Northridges kit but you are correct in the fact that the stock headlights are about as bad as they get....

Mikey
thank you Mikey ( - :

·
Registered
349 Posts
I went with these

Delta 7" Round Quad Bar Xenon Headlamp Kit
Quadratec Part No: 97009.301
$150.99

Dont know if they are worth a flicker, but I shall see........or not :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SoCal147,

thanks for the detailed info, i ordered a set of Delta 7" Round Quad Bar Xenon Headlamps from Quadratec but they're on backorder ) - : i can't find anyone that has the Delta 7" Round Quad Bar Xenon Headlamps in stock ready to ship.

btw, the Delta Round Quad Bar Xenon Headlamps flicker, more info please?????

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Currently using the Sylvania Silverstars way better then stock and not expensive.:bounce:

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
FWIW I love my Deltas

they're especially good after I built a new wire harness to get the headlights off of the factory pulsed power and added 55/100w bulbs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone running LED'sThey sound like next best thing to sliced bread.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Anyone running LED'sThey sound like next best thing to sliced bread.
Yep, there's one member up in Maryland who has them. He did a write up in electrical tech. Figure about $650 just for the lights. You'll probably need a harness too. Figure another hundy for that unless you make your own.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks. I'll look for the post.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
i got the sylvania's today. just did the headlights and based on the results, ill be getting the fog light ones next week! they're a million times better than the shoddy stock ones and a much cheaper alternative for improved headlights.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i got the sylvania's today. just did the headlights and based on the results, ill be getting the fog light ones next week
I have yet to use my fogs but if they are anything like the head lights.......Sylvania's :beer:
The stock headlights have more issues than just brightness. The lens are plastic and I dont think the reflectors are worth dirt. The Deltas have glass lens and the beam seem to be more focused. HTH

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
i got the sylvania's today. just did the headlights and based on the results, ill be getting the fog light ones next week! they're a million times better than the shoddy stock ones and a much cheaper alternative for improved headlights.
X2 - for me... much better than stock.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
for the price of the silverstars you can go hid and the whiter light for me is much better. The HID kits are getting really cheap. In fact i'm looking for H4 bi-xenon bulbs now to utilize the cebie housings that i've had from daniel stern for over a year and it looks like it will be cheaper by a few buck to buy the whole dang kit just to get the bulbs. I guess extra ballast never hurt but I would like the new slim ballast but they are more expensive.

Just playing on ebay to look for a cheaper route for you I found under "7" H4" there is a neat halo replacement like the new bmw's, mazda diamond round cut, and many more for under 20 bucks. Here is the best advice for someone wanting to upgrade would be to upgrade the light buckets to "e"codes, run a stock or close to stock size wattage h4 bulb, then splice into the stock headlight plug by soldering a h4 plug off of the wires in case you want to return it to stock(do not hack off the stock plug, h4 socket plugs can be bought at autozone for 5 or so bucks, got a pair on Saturday).

And that alone will give you way more light than you could imagine and come in under 50 bucks at the most. This is what I used to do to the old GTI's I used to mod and the difference in the U.S. spec 7" and the Euro spec 7" housings were insane in the difference. Hell the only reason that I never did the Stern kit is because the wiring harness came as a put together kit and I never had the time to put it all together so I just ordered a complete plug and play 8000k hid kit to go in the stock housings and a matching foglight kit. Now that I'm laid off i'm trying to finnaly get some of those projects finished, though I am looking for a finished wiring upgrade kit, 100 bucks is a bit overboard...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts