JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Bridgeport volunteer fire department held an all night run at this offroad park west of north Dallas. They had a great turnout and there was a very cool mix of rigs. A few pics.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
It was a blast untill I made a dumbass driving error and did a slow flop. As flops go I got off pretty easy. Many thanks to Mike (goodsgotacuda) and Bull for the recovery. It was amazing how many people were there to help, reminded me of how great the Jeep and offroad comunity is:beer:

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Glad you're alright Kev. Looks like you got an excuse to mod your fenders.:D

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad you're alright Kev. Looks like you got an excuse to mod your fenders.:D
What, you aren't gonna take the op to call me a dumbass?! Rookie mistake picking my line.

Sorry we weren't able to make it out your way but we'll put something together in the spring.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
What, you aren't gonna take the op to call me a dumbass?! Rookie mistake picking my line.

Sorry we weren't able to make it out your way but we'll put something together in the spring.
Wouldn't do that to ya bud. I know you're most probably beating yourself up about it. When ya wheel ya gotta deal..............with the shit happens syndrome.:D

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
This is the only one I managed to get. From the drivers seat you can see the cable through the stinger pulling you back over. Unfortunately there weren't any ideal angles to get you over, pretty sure I drug you sideways temporarily...my 12,000lb winch stalled for a split-second!

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Hey Kevin, you may want to go storm chasing!

"Scattered thunderstorms in the morning becoming more widespread and possibly severe in the afternoon. Storms may produce large hail and strong winds. High 73F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%."

:grinpimp:

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Ouch, Showed up as you were righted; doesn't look as bad in the garage. Glad you are alright.:beer:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
great pics Kev...sorry you flopped, but glad you are alright...:beer:

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
great pics Kev...sorry you flopped, but glad you are alright...:beer:
Thanks John, I'll get her all fixed up over the winter. I had a good year, did most of the work on my JK myself and got out on trails at least 10 times.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
LSJC.org or TexasJK.com forums are more popular for DFW than JKO

Sent via paper airplane

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Thanks John, I'll get her all fixed up over the winter. I had a good year, did most of the work on my JK myself and got out on trails at least 10 times.

Can't wait to see her all fixed up again...she is a beautiful rig...made it out quite a bit myself, but i am really really lazy about posting pics...:beer:

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
That high COG got ya! :D

I'm sorry man, that's never fun to deal with...good excuse to do some modding though. I've never been on a night run, they look like a good time.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
COG had nothing to do with it. I just made a dumb choice on the line that I took. All better now:gluging:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts