JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be installing my raised breather hoses tomorrow morning if any J.C. wants to stop by to do theirs. I've got 100' of 5/16" fuel line. It takes about 25' per rig so I guess there are three openings. :D

Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my address (Berlin). Probably looking at 10-11am.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hehe...yeah. It looks pretty easy. I'm in Berlin just off Rt 73 near the Town Tavern.
i live just down hopewell.. i am prob no more than 10 min from there.. tom will depend on the mood of my 3 year in the morning lol

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i live just down hopewell.. i am prob no more than 10 min from there.. tom will depend on the mood of my 3 year in the morning lol
Ha...nice. I'm on Hopewell too. Shoot me a message if you're in. I'll give you directions.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ha...nice. I'm on Hopewell too. Shoot me a message if you're in. I'll give you directions.
and how havent i seen you around??.. well i guess for that fact i havent really seen perry either and he lives close by

·
Coonasian
1,833 Posts
Aren't there four openings? Two diff, transmission and transfer case? I was reading that procedure today and that TC one looks a bitch to reach. Have fun! :beer:

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Wish I could do it tomorrow, but don't even have my rig back from the shop yet... Hoping to have it by tomorrow night so I have it for Sunday's run atleast. Really do need to raise my breathers though.

Sent from my cardboard box using Tapatalk

·
Registered
563 Posts
And that's why I haven't done my tcase yet! It's on the firewall. The hoses do have one way valves on them so I'm crossing my fingers they do the job.
I reached behind the engine, pulled it down to unseat it from the clip, pulled the valve out, installed a coupler with a hose clamp and extended it. Much easier than replacing it from under the tcase.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I reached behind the engine, pulled it down to unseat it from the clip, pulled the valve out, installed a coupler with a hose clamp and extended it. Much easier than replacing it from under the tcase.
that is how i did mine also just extended the others so i only used about 10 foot of hose the rear rear i extended to the role bar and zip tied it the other two i extended to the cowl panel and haven't had any problems also if you leave the hose long until you get it to where its going before you cut it it will make life easer for you ....

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that is how i did mine also just extended the others so i only used about 10 foot of hose the rear rear i extended to the role bar and zip tied it the other two i extended to the cowl panel and haven't had any problems also if you leave the hose long until you get it to where its going before you cut it it will make life easer for you ....
GREAT ideas! Doing that.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I also extended, rather than replaced, all of mine. I used brake line tubing that I cut into small sections, and skids inside the ends to join two hoses. Hose clamps to keep things snug & tight.

Oh, and those OEM ends are not one way valves, just breather caps. Of submerged they're not going to really help.

Sent from me to you

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I also extended, rather than replaced, all of mine. I used brake line tubing that I cut into small sections, and skids inside the ends to join two hoses. Hose clamps to keep things snug & tight.

Oh, and those OEM ends are not one way valves, just breather caps. Of submerged they're not going to really help.

Sent from me to you
There are 4 hoses to extend....tranny, t-case, and both axles. :beer:
Thanks!
We have this handy little guide too: http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13156

·
Registered
180 Posts

Sent from me to you

Yep, same here it was to easy...

sent from my Droid using Tapatalk..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.