JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Cats out of the bag. RoadRace Motorsports will be debuting the RRM 3.8 JK Turbo System at the 50th Annual Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari. We have been working very hard on developing great products for the JK Jeep consumers.We nailed it with our Power Pack intake and piggy system, wich has been a very noticeable power gain. The Turbo System has been in the developing stages for over 6months. We are not new to the turbo world, we have ridden this rodeo many of times. Our resume says it all. With Sema , KOH, and keeping up with the demand of our production and orders filled, we only have less than 12 days to TDS. We will try to answer as many questions as we can, and also provide pics. So if your a 3.8 JK owner and your planning to go to TDS , let us know so you can get a birds eye view and hopefully a ride in our 3.8 Turboed powered JK. We will be hard at work so please understand if we cannot answer all your questions right away..

Thank You and hope to see you on the trails!!!!!:thankyou:

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
How are you looking to overcome the masses that believe either a turbo or a manifold will crack from the turbo due to water, mud or blah blah blah? I'm not one of them mind you, I've just seen all the post over and over again. Funny how just about all of the rally cars have been running them with no issues. And you may also want to add in something technical that shows how a turbo can be designed to produce whatever amount of boost no matter how lightly you tap the skinny pedal.

Sorry over 60 emails today and hiring in over 25 people that have selective hearing, I've buttered up as many statements today as i could today and am worn out so I'm just throwing it out there.

Interested to see how this goes, I had a corrado g60 with about 37k in it, I almost converted to turbo before I took the ridiculous offer that was put in front of me.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Dang, a part "introduction" thread without pics? specs? The mobs with torches and pick-forks are collaborating. But I'll take it easy because my JK is in your sig link :lol:

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'm also curious to see how this thing will be routed...

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dang, a part "introduction" thread without pics? specs? The mobs with torches and pick-forks are collaborating. But I'll take it easy because my JK is in your sig link :lol:
LOL, thanks for being understanding. With us being on the west coast and the 50th TDS around the corner. It will be the last big offroad round up locally to test and show the general public this system. We will show pics and specs as soon as we get a chance to sit and post. We have numerous RRM turbo systems for various OEs. We just felt it would be great to let the cat out of the bag since our power pack NA system has been a huge seller. So please be patient and we guarantee another great JK product coming out of the RoadRace compound...

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey all this is DC. Since this is a turbo thread I thought I'd post this very recent article by The Winding Road. They voted our Turbocharged Suzuki Kizashi #3 in a top 10 scariest cars driven of 2011 amongst some VERY strong company. :koolaid:

http://www.windingroad.com/articles/lists/list-the-top-ten-scariest-cars-from-2011/#3

From a personal standpoint, I can't wait to see what kind of power we can get out of the JK's. This is just one example of a Road Race turbocharged vehicle. There are other vids available of other vehicles we've turbocharged through our Youtube channel.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you need a JK to test out the system in high heat, low altitude, and humidity of the south (granted you guys have cracked the '11 encryption)......... :D

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes we have cracked the thingamajiger. LOL we will put it to the test next week at Sea level and hopefully great California low desert heat climates. Theres a ton of room on the 3.8s, but due to upper control arms cyclying we are keeping in mind of the suspension cyclying...

·
Registered
164 Posts
And should a test subject be necessary in the great lakes region i'm available to sacrifice a few hours of installation for a thorough review. I commute 60+ a day and she's a DD.

Very interesting article! Leaves for high expectations!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'll find you guys at TDS, I'm interested in checking it out. Good on your guys for blazing your own trail.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Finally a front mounted turbo!:bounce: If money wasn't so tight I would have done this with some modified GN hardware, looking forward to seeing the finished product. If you need an extreme heat test mule let me know, we usually have more than 100 days over 100 degrees out here and my Rubi is a driven everyday.

Mike

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Lamar, We are working hard on getting this Boosted product done. We have been so busy with all of our other Hi priority products. We will soon have this prototype finalized within the next week. stay tune for the out come of this Boosted product. Along with dyno specs and real world driving input...We appoligized for not keeping up on this thread, but our customers orders always come first.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts