JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have the PSC BFH with brawler bar and I just mounted my duallys I got for Xmas, I am using PSC flairlead mount and I noticed that the brawler bar is blocking almost a full led. I then mounted the light on the underside of the mount and added two washers to drop the light down, now I can see a huge difference in the amount of light in front of the jeep, so I am wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem if so what was your solution? Thanks in advanced :beer:

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one has had this issue?

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I had this issue! I gave the fairlead mount away and drilled two holes in my roller fairlead. Flipped the adjustment piece to get the duallys to sit as low as possible, then bolted them on. It's still not perfect, but works until I buy the 70 buck bar attachment things. Pretty expensive IMO for two mounting clips.

Are you cable or syn?

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a syth line so drilling through the aluminum farilead isnt gonna happen, i thought about the clamps on the bar but i spent 50 bucks on the light mount so that would suck just to throw that money away. But the way i added washers to bottom has seemed to help it is not perfect but it is much better then what it was, thanks for the imput guys

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Do you have a photo of your problem. I have some Dually's coming Here's a question. Is the bracket for the lights only for the 10" ridid light bars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just checked and it is NOT the bracket for the light bar it is the right mount for the lights. But I can post up a pic tomorrow to show you guys what I am working with.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here are some pics of what i did as a solution i plan on adding one or two more washers between the mount and the light

And my synth line will be in soon i noticed when i took off the steel cable there a bunch of scratches on the drum are you guys sanding it or just putting the synth line over it? Thanks again for all your help.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i dont believe so the only way i have figured out how to lower them is to add the washer(s) between the mounts and the light mount i am gonna add one or two more today and see if that lowers the lights enough to clear the bar we will see.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Thanks for the pics

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the pics

no problem, i did add two more washers to drop the lights down a little more it looks kinds rigged up but oh well it works for me

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Looking at your Brawler Bar... the distance between the bumper and the hightest part of the bar, seems lower than mine. Mine goes almost to the top of the grill. I've had mine about a 1 1/2 now... that might be why.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looking at your Brawler Bar... the distance between the bumper and the hightest part of the bar, seems lower than mine. Mine goes almost to the top of the grill. I've had mine about a 1 1/2 now... that might be why.
Ya that is possible, kinda sucks for me lol, i do wish i had gotten the trail stinger but oh well maybe some day when my skills improve ill cut mine off and weld up something bigger. Till then ill rock it, thanks for the feedback buddy :marcy:

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I believe the BFH's brawler bar is lower than the Brawler Lite's Brawler bar.
that sucks for me, but i have fixed it using the washers it kinda looks jank but it works.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.