JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have noticed that my 2007 Jeep Wrangler JKUS feels like the brakes are engaging when I accelerate from a stop, it feels like the brakes become engaged and then the traction control light comes on and after a bit of grinding the brakes disengage and it drives fine. I tested a bunch of stuff and noticed that this doesn’t happen when I turn traction control off. I recently had a wheel speed sensor go out and i replaced it and everything has been fine till now. And this is different than before as when the speed sensor went out the ABS, traction control and BRAKE lights were all on. I am looking for some help as to where to start on further diagnosing the problem.

·
Administrator
498 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

If the ABS/Traction light has turned on then your Jeep has detected a fault somewhere. Even if it just blinked for a moment, there's a code that will tell you why. Read the code(s) to determine what to do next.
Not all scanners can read ABS codes, I use jscan (about $50 for a license and dongle) JScan – OBD JScan – Mobile Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge Diagnostic Tool

Below are several things that can cause this issue, but you'll need to read your code to determine what's going on with your Jeep:
  • Is your steering wheel straight? If your steering wheel is not straight it will cause the traction/abs system to activate.
    • FIX: adjust your drag link until the steering wheel is straight
  • ABS/wheel speed sensor. This is probably the second most common cause after the steering wheel.
    • FIX: Replace the sensor. Use a scanner to determine which sensor is throwing the code
  • ABS/wheel speed sensor wiring. It's not uncommon for the wiring to be damaged causing the system to not work properly
    • FIX: Use a scanner to determine which wheel sensor is triggering the light, inspect wiring and replace damaged section. A new cable is available for the front sensors.
  • ABS Module- C2200 error
    • Factory service manual says to clear codes and if the code comes back immediately the ABS module needs to be replaced

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum!

If the ABS/Traction light has turned on then your Jeep has detected a fault somewhere. Even if it just blinked for a moment, there's a code that will tell you why. Read the code(s) to determine what to do next.
Not all scanners can read ABS codes, I use jscan (about $50 for a license and dongle) JScan – OBD JScan – Mobile Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge Diagnostic Tool

Below are several things that can cause this issue, but you'll need to read your code to determine what's going on with your Jeep:
  • Is your steering wheel straight? If your steering wheel is not straight it will cause the traction/abs system to activate.
    • FIX: adjust your drag link until the steering wheel is straight
  • ABS/wheel speed sensor. This is probably the second most common cause after the steering wheel.
    • FIX: Replace the sensor. Use a scanner to determine which sensor is throwing the code
  • ABS/wheel speed sensor wiring. It's not uncommon for the wiring to be damaged causing the system to not work properly
    • FIX: Use a scanner to determine which wheel sensor is triggering the light, inspect wiring and replace damaged section. A new cable is available for the front sensors.
  • ABS Module- C2200 error
    • Factory service manual says to clear codes and if the code comes back immediately the ABS module needs to be replaced
Thank you so much I am going to pull some codes right now and I’m hoping it’s either a speed sensor or a steering issue

·
Registered
209 Posts
Two more things:

Check for equal tire pressure all aroud.

Check if the problem persists if traction and stability control is completely off; when stationary and engine on, press traction control button long, untill you hear a bling. Try if the braking is still present while accelerating. Remember that all driving aides are now off, so no hooning around 😉

·
Registered
Mostly stock 4D JK. Upgrades coming soon.
3 Posts
So I have noticed that my 2007 Jeep Wrangler JKUS feels like the brakes are engaging when I accelerate from a stop, it feels like the brakes become engaged and then the traction control light comes on and after a bit of grinding the brakes disengage and it drives fine. I tested a bunch of stuff and noticed that this doesn’t happen when I turn traction control off. I recently had a wheel speed sensor go out and i replaced it and everything has been fine till now. And this is different than before as when the speed sensor went out the ABS, traction control and BRAKE lights were all on. I am looking for some help as to where to start on further diagnosing the problem.
I have 2016 JK and I had my rear brake feel like they were locking up. The next week I got the C2200 error code. I am going to change all four abs sensors to be safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts