JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With 2.5 inches of lift, would brakeline extensions (like the Currie's) allow enough slack to fully flex? I know extended lines are the way to go but...money is kinda tight, and extensions are cheap so....Thanks

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,650 Posts
With 2.5 inches of lift, would brakeline extensions (like the Currie's) allow enough slack to fully flex? I know extended lines are the way to go but...money is kinda tight, and extensions are cheap so....Thanks
Yes, those would work well. Here are some other options for anyone looking:

Tera-Flex:

http://www.teraflex.biz/brake-line-extension-kit.html

http://www.teraflex.biz/rear-brake-line-extension-kit-jk.html

Poly Performance:

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop...eep-JK-Brake-Line-Relocation-Kit-p-17956.html

Here's the Currie:

http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/Product569.aspx?id=3403

Currie is a good deal! :beer:

Marcus

·
Registered
43 Posts
Look at Home depot or Lowes for fence mending brackets, cost about $2.00 and does the same thing for a lot less.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,650 Posts
Look at Home depot or Lowes for fence mending brackets, cost about $2.00 and does the same thing for a lot less.
I used to recommend this constantly but it always turned into a trainwreck. LOL!

It's good advice and that's exactly what I would do if it were me, but sometimes it's easier to say click here, insert card, and wait on the mail these days. :)

:beer:

Marcus

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it certainly seems like an easy thing to accomplish. I was just concerned about them allowing enough slack. At what size lift are brakeline extensions no longer practical? 3.5 inches, 4.0?

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,650 Posts
Yeah it certainly seems like an easy thing to accomplish. I was just concerned about them allowing enough slack. At what size lift are brakeline extensions no longer practical? 3.5 inches, 4.0?
Disconnect your Jeep and find a dirt mount or something to flex your suspension on so you can see how much slack you have or don't have.

A 2007- 2009 will have less than the the 2010 + because the lines are a little longer if you unbolt them from the spring perch, but then you've got a metal bracket clanking around down there.

This isn't something I would jerry rig and try to circumvent on more than 2.5" of lift personally. For $135 (+4" Crown Performance braided lines) you've got piece of mind that you're not going to lose your brakes on the trail and ruin a few folks days including your own.

Also take into consideration that some 2.5 coil lifts will give you more height on your two door than a JKU. I found the lines to be mandatory on ours with the 2.5 Rock Krawler.

Go test it, take some measurements, and decide from there. Every Jeep is a little different, there isn't an answer book for some of this stuff. :)

Marcus

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Write up? Unless its so easy a caveman (or jksport) can do it :hide:

Thanks to Marcus I'll be adding 2.5 to my 2012. If this is a cheap DIY option I'm all for it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have the curries on mine and still managed to tweak a front line and a rear line. It has way more to do with me still running factory bump stops than the extensions. I just bit the bullet and ordered bump stops and a set of crown extended lines from Marcus. It'll be one less thing to worry about on the trail.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Anyone with install pics of the Currie brackets? I have these and couldn't figure out they went on, nothing lined up right on the fronts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.