·
Registered
169 Posts
EBC makes a good one only negative is a lot of break dust

·
Registered
777 Posts
having gone through many brands before on my other vehicles

nothing in my opinion performs as well as OEM pads and rotors, that is all i use

·
Registered
11,065 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
i used autozone duralast ceramic pads on the rear. No complaints here.
I would like to dispute this. I put on Autozone rears. They lasted only 10K (stock was 24K), and the passenger inside pad warning spring broke at some point. This allowed the pad to wear completely off and the metal base machined the rotor.
I replaced with EBC through Woods (and a new rotor). I also have EBC on the front.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I have 51,000 km on my jeep, still the original pads.

They need to be changed soon, but what are you guys getting?

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I have 51,000 km on my jeep, still the original pads.

They need to be changed soon, but what are you guys getting?
X2 on that. I have 51400k and origional pads. But I can feel that I'll need to replace soon.

·
Registered
764 Posts
my first set of rear went at 17000, just put on the front and rears again at 32000, only did the rears again since it was coming up on the 2nd 17000 again. All in all the change of front and rears plus rotating the tires took an hour tops.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I think if you wheel alot in snow or mud you chew through the pads quicker. Doesn't the "traction control" just apply the brakes to a slipping wheel?

I always shut off the esp when I am wheeling, you guy think that has anything to do with it?

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
I would like to dispute this. I put on Autozone rears. They lasted only 10K (stock was 24K), and the passenger inside pad warning spring broke at some point. This allowed the pad to wear completely off and the metal base machined the rotor.
I replaced with EBC through Woods (and a new rotor). I also have EBC on the front.
Wow, sounds like a bad batch. I'll keep an eye out on mine.

I hope you disputed this with autozone. I use to work at autozone (10 years ago) and they would reimburse you the expenses even if you didn't install the pads correctly.

Thanks again for the warning.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Wow, sounds like a bad batch. I'll keep an eye out on mine.

I hope you disputed this with autozone. I use to work at autozone (10 years ago) and they would reimburse you the expenses even if you didn't install the pads correctly.

Thanks again for the warning.
I read the warranty and off-road driving voids it. Still not sure if I should try.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts