JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What bolt-guns/ammo are you guys running?
I've got a Savage Arms Axis, chambered in .308 WIN. Its diet consists mainly of Remington Accutip.
It's got a dingy little Bushnell on it for now, but it serves its purpose.
Shitty picture from when I first got it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remington 700.
Chambered in 30-06. Main reason I went 30-06 is due to the ease of finding it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I feel you. I'm regretting doing .308 now. The reason I did though was for logistical reasons when I get my AK platform. I figured it'd be good to have one type of ammo that can be ran through two firearms.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have been going mostly with mid-range lever guns, but I do have a Savage Mark II in a 22 LR for small game. I love it. I have plans for the Savage in a 338 Lapua too. I am very please with the quality of Savage and it is an affordable rifle.

Sorry... no really good pics. I'll take a fresh shot in the sun and replace this later.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I feel you. I'm regretting doing .308 now. The reason I did though was for logistical reasons when I get my AK platform. I figured it'd be good to have one type of ammo that can be ran through two firearms.
Unless your talking about a saiga, real ak's shoot 7.62x39 not 7.62nato.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been going mostly with mid-range lever guns, but I do have a Savage Mark II in a 22 LR for small game. I love it. I have plans for the Savage in a 338 Lapua too. I am very please with the quality of Savage and it is an affordable rifle.

Sorry... no really good pics. I'll take a fresh shot in the sun and replace this later.

Nice! I'm really pleased with my Savage. Great gun, super accurate. Especially for a 3 bill gun.

Unless your talking about a saiga, real ak's shoot 7.62x39 not 7.62nato.
Well, yeah. That was the plan, to get an AK platform chambered in the same caliber, so I can fire .308 out of it and visversa for the bolt gun.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Im running a Rem 700 M40 A5 Clone I built. running Jewel Trigger, BO Trigger Guard, Harris Bipod, McMillan Stock USMC, Leopold M4 10X Scope and M4 steel rings. Im adding a Surefire muzzle break and Surefire USMC M40 A5 Suppressor.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Left to right:

Winchester Model 70 300win mag

Ruger M77 22-250

Springfield Model 1898 30-40 Krag

Remington Model 700 25-06

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I own 2 bolt-actions: a Winchester .22 and the Springfield 1903 30-06. Two ends of an extreme and both really fun. I really think the Springfield is one of the best guns ever built IMO...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DROOLS

Mosin that I tried to multicam:

Im running a Rem 700 M40 A5 Clone I built. running Jewel Trigger, BO Trigger Guard, Harris Bipod, McMillan Stock USMC, Leopold M4 10X Scope and M4 steel rings. Im adding a Surefire muzzle break and Surefire USMC M40 A5 Suppressor.

I'll join the other Remington model 700's here, chambered .270. The scope is a Bushnell 6x-18x40. Great shooting rifle haven't had to mess with it in 14 years. View attachment 106337

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Left to right:

Winchester Model 70 300win mag

Ruger M77 22-250

Springfield Model 1898 30-40 Krag

Remington Model 700 25-06
I own 2 bolt-actions: a Winchester .22 and the Springfield 1903 30-06. Two ends of an extreme and both really fun. I really think the Springfield is one of the best guns ever built IMO...
Congratulations, you guys have officially just made me jealous of all of your rifles! Especially that Mosin Nagant. Dream rifle right there! Super nice, guys!:beer::beer::beer:

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
^^ that pic looks like it was taken in the Dallas Book Depository.........:eek:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
1 - 20 of 61 Posts