JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to search on site and didn't find any info on body lifts. Getting ready to buy a '08 JK 4dr; has anyone tried a bodylift combination to fit 37's. I was thinking of 1" body, 2.5 lift, flat fenders. Maybe some other variation, any input would be nice.

I'm not a body lift fan, 1" is about all I'll push. Dealer keeps telliing me anything over 3" suspension will viod the powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've got a FT Ultimate 3" lift, a 1" MORE body lift and 37" BFG M/T's. Love the combo. It is comfortable on the street and works very well offroad.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am running a 4" BDS lift and and a 1" body lift, not a big fan of body lifts either but the 1" was a one hour install and helped clear the 36"X13.5" Iroks (they measure larger than most 37" tires for O.D. Stock fenders and I get no rub. (it did rub on the front fenders before the body lift)

*Note* my avatar picture is before the body lift. I havent taken any pictures since I put it in.

·
Registered
314 Posts
There are 2 companies that I know of that carry body lifts. Mountain Off Road Enterprises and Daystar. Mountain is a aluminum puck and daystar is a poly spacer like a BB puck. I have installed the MORE and it is ok. I would be more interested in trying the Daystar lift for maybe a quieter ride. Both about $110.00

·
Registered
783 Posts
93country, how do you like your BDS lift? I see them advertised in the magazines all the time, but never see anyone that has one installed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
BDS makes a great quality kit. easy install and solid track back brackets. Flexes nice, the only complaint I have is the bracket that they supply to mount the read shocks, I feel it is a tad to long, it drops the top of the shock almost 1-1/2" which then alows the rear axle to droop to much under no load, alowing the rear springs to almost fall out of the perch... I am going to short term remedie this with limit straps but my long term fix will be to move the upper rear shock mount up about 2 inches and get some new shocks. Also after install i noticed the frame side track bar bolt in the rear was hitting the bump stop extension.. just had to cut about 1/2" off the rear of the bump stop extension and all was fixed. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
783 Posts
does it ride atleast as good as stock?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Tried to search on site and didn't find any info on body lifts. Getting ready to buy a '08 JK 4dr; has anyone tried a bodylift combination to fit 37's. I was thinking of 1" body, 2.5 lift, flat fenders. Maybe some other variation, any input would be nice.

I'm not a body lift fan, 1" is about all I'll push. Dealer keeps telliing me anything over 3" suspension will viod the powertrain warranty.
I bet that 37's will void the powertrain warranty even quicker than a 4" lift.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The dealer didn't mention tire size only max 3" lift (I didn't ask either). From what I here 3" lift restricts you to 35's. In some of the discussion 35's will drag a bit on the 4dr, probably good for the 2dr. 35's on my Bronco are good if they are true 35", my BFG AT (pre KO) are short and my bumpers hit, but I'm high enough in the center to clear most stuff. The strength of the axle would be my concern; I've run 38" on my Bronco 44 and had no issues. I'm hoping the nexgen 44's are stronger.

·
Registered
123 Posts
does it ride at least as good as stock?
Its a little rougher but drives great at highway and city speeds. No weird movement or anything, the track bar is parallel with the drag link after the lift so it doesn't wander at all, and I am running the stock steering stabilizer, which is almost like running no stabilizer at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts