JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I tried to search but type the words Body Armor in the search and you get a lot of results.

Anyways, need opinions on the rarely talked about Body Armor rear bumper. I like it because it has a swing away, mount for my highlift, a receiver (need one really soon), a mount for gas cans and D-rings. So what is your opinion of it? Anything you heard?

http://www.bodyarmor4x4.com/2007/jk-more.html

Now, would your opinion change if I told you I was buying it barely used for $400 from a local guy??

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
I thought about that bumper, I like that it seem small and light weight. It also seems to have everything I need and has lots of available options like Jery Can holder.

I was worried that it would rattle or possible bad build. I wanted to wait to hear somebody review it first.

Also, I saw a picture from the side somewhere, I can not find it now but it seemed like the tire stuck a little too far out (to the rear) could cause problems in the future but I was also hoping to hear more first

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that bumper, I like that it seem small and light weight. It also seems to have everything I need and has lots of available options like Jery Can holder.

I was worried that it would rattle or possible bad build. I wanted to wait to hear somebody review it first.

Also, I saw a picture from the side somewhere, I can not find it now but it seemed like the tire stuck a little too far out (to the rear) could cause problems in the future but I was also hoping to hear more first
well if all goes will I can take plenty of pictures and give a review this coming weekend

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
yah, I think for $400 you can't really go wrong. Other bumpers are 2-3 times more and I am sure you would have no problem selling it for the price you paid if you didn't like it.

I am curious to see the photos!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah its not my first choice. If i had to pick it would be somewhere between Rockhard and Rugged Ridge but this one going for $400 makes it a pretty good choice for me. And if I decide I want one of the others I can always just sell it again for the same price or close to it. I have been looking around and there just isnt much info on the Body Armor line of bumpers.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so now I got to say I really am thinking about not getting it. I cant find enough pictures to confirm but I dont think I like the looks of it. I really did have my heart set on Rugged Ridge. I know I could buy the bumper now, probably sell it later and be good but that seems like a lot of work when I know I WANT a Rugged Ridge bumper. I just like the wrap around body look where the Body Armor is flat.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
I am in a similar delima right now.

I was waiting for the Poly Performance bumper, which is really the one I want. It has been 6 months now that I have been waiting for it to become available. I am not very good at holding onto money either, lol, so I am surprised I made it this long. I am thinkin of just going with one thats already out like the Rockhard. I need to get one very soon and who knows how much longer it will be.

I am afraid I will kick myself later if I see somebody rollin the PolyP piece later though.

BTW, I agree, I think the Body armour looks good on other Jeeps but with how far the rails extend out I think it does not have as "finished" of a look.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't care for the looks of it either.. :shaking:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts