JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Packing up and leaving to Powder Mountain, UT tomorrow got me thinking. What are y'all riding? I upgraded last year to a Burton Custom Flying V 160 with a set of Mission EST bindings and Driver X Imprint 3 boots. I was riding some fairly old equipment, 10 year old Rosignol 162 PLANK, and I'm extremely impressed with how the Flying V performs. Carving is much simpler, the board is a whole lot more playful making switch transitions extremely easy. I love the EST binding setup, it gives you a lot more control over the board and adjustments are really quick too.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I rebuilt my entire quiver this year. Not entirely sure why.

Freeride - Jones Carbon Flagship
All-Mtn - Jones Mountain Twin
Backcountry - Jones Hovercraft Split
Nice collection.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm riding a 2012 Libtech skate banana. Anywhere else besides the east coast I'd be screwed with just this one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Never Summer SL, Burton missions, Burton boots...I am counting the days until I leave for Whistler. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359037142.414476.jpg

Kinda of funny I bought the SL to replace a 10 year old Rossignol Scope...I will never go back to camber

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Dang, too many to list or remember.
The most recent board I have been riding and I really love is a O-matic extreme-o, All-mtn/freestyle. Good pop and floats well in pow. Stiff enough to carve hard but soft enough to butter. Just wish I got it a little shorter but I got it free from the local rep so I cant complain.
Second would be a ride Timeless or TMS All mountain, real stiff floats well and carves a line like a razor. Too stiff for freestyle though so I only ride it when it dumps and there is lots of pow.
My all time favorite board would be my old Morrow, Todd Richards Pro model. It is constructed entirely carbon fiber box tubing spaced apart by polyurethane and capped with fiberglass. Insanely light, tons of pop but still flexible and the side-cut was perfect for just about everything. Sadly Morrow no longer exists as an independent company and that style of construction never made it through to the new owners.
Todd started O-matic a few years ago and the extreme-o is the closest thing I have found to his old pro model.

For the last few years however I have gone back to telemark skiing and have been loving my Kahru JAK's. Again, sadly kahru was sold to K2 along with LINE skiis and then sold to a chineese company. Kahru, a really old Quebec company, no longer exists.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Havent been riding in a few years but Ive got 2 setups I use...

The board is a winterstick thats probably 8-10 years old with technine bindings and a burton thats somewhere in the 20+year old age range with equal aged bindings.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I sold my beat up never summer last season and picked up a Nitro Board, Union Bindings, and 32 boots. Performance wise, I didn't really notice a difference between my old gear. But the other stuff was done. It was probably 9 seasons old. Broken edge, huge gouges to the core, bindings were begining to crack, etc.. Even in this condition somebody paid $75 on craigslist

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is actually my first season...

I'm on a Bataleon Fun.Kink, Technine Element bindings (no I'm not a thug...got them super cheap with the board). I started out with a pair of Thirty Two Prion boots, but my weak grip (nerve damage) kept me from being able to lace them up tight enough...I switched to Burton Chloe (with BOA) and they are super comfortable.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy III via Tapatalk 2...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts