JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think I found a good way to get my tunes into the JK, but need to know if anyone has experience with this.

Parrot makes a bluetooth setup that plugs into the car's wiring with a harness, and that can do calls and music from a BT phone. With microSD on the phone, and Pandora and CarCast, I think I could handle that, and it's about $150. But, I read that the plug harness expects ignition switched voltage, which our radio harness doesn't have, so you'd have to tap into cig lighter power. Anybody have specific JK experience here? I've fiddled around with radios and harnesses before, but not on a Jeep and not having to cut into an existing power line.

Barring that, Belkin makes a cheaper version that just plugs into the lighter and Aux jack, but doesn't have a display so i'd have to reach down and grab my phone to see what's going on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use a parrot 9100 in my 2011 jku, it works great.

I tapped the right side power outlet on my 2011 which has ignition power.

Which parrot model are you looking at?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Why not use the audio port on the front of the radio, 3.5 mm jack style for about $5 :shaking:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
curbs: I wasn't aware until recently that the aux jack option worked for phone calls, actually (still, you have to hold the phone sort of close for the mic to pick you up clearly, it seems) but it's ok, got a bluetooth stereo on the cheap from a fellow JKOer.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I mounted my phone right behind my steering wheel on a belt clip onto the Rugged Ridge dash organizer. Love playing Pandora with my phone too

·
Registered
564 Posts
get the parrot system and dont look back. parrots systems are amazing, I have one in my alpine head unit. it is worth the money.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, for less money I got a new headunit from another JKOer. But I do agree the Parrot did look pretty awesome.

·
Registered
310 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts