Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which ones are you all using?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Motorola,

But I am getting this Plantronics one this weekend...

·
Registered
774 Posts
People look like dorks running around with those things on their head. I have a motorola t-305 unit that clips to the visor in the car. Works great and I don't have to look like I am from outer space all the time.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I got one that plugs into my phone because I dont want to mess with charging the headset all the time.

What I really want is one that clips to the visor and will work well with the top down. I know there is the Parrot but also one called Ant or something like that.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
I got one that plugs into my phone because I dont want to mess with charging the headset all the time.
lol, I have bought a half dozen Bluetooth headsets. I keep thinkin it would be nice in certain situations. Every one of them are stuffed in a drawer somewhere, lol. I charge it up, use it for a couple days then keep forgetting to charge it and it ends up disappearing somewhere. I am too forgetful to own a bluetooth :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
I run my soft top and it sounds like I am in a wind tunnel to the people I am talking to. I am going today to look for a better one that has noise reduction. It's going to cost me more but worth it if it woks.

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He who risks nothing gains nothing.    / \./ \/\_   I Hand You  __{^\_ _}_  ) }/^\    A Rose... / /\_/^\._}_/ // / ( (__{(@)}\__}.//_/__A___A__wow gold____A__wow gold_A______A____ \__/{/(_)\_} )\\ \\---v----V-----V--Y----v---Y-----  (  (__)_)_/ )\ \>     \__/   \__/\/\/

Another sperm twat...I mean spam bot...send it back to eddie:pissed:

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
We sell a lot of bluetooth. We sell some that are anywhere from 29 bucks on up. The 29 version is pretty cool because it runs off of quad-A batteries so no recharging, just replace the battery. The quality isn't too bad either.

We seel some top end units with noise cancelling but from experiance I can say they only moderatly help driving a topless or doorless or even just the windows down on a vehicle.

I am thinking of moving back to a boom mic as those always seem to work best whether wired or bluetooth.

We just started carrying BlueAnt. Quality seems to be there but too soon to speak about over all useablility.

The Plantronics with the mini-boom is nice. I can wear those over the ear units all day as opposed to theose that stick in your ear as they irrated me after 8 hours or so. The mini-boom is a step in the right direction.

I may end up going back to non-bluetooth just to get a nice lightweight full boom headset.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I just got one of these...FM transmitter sends signal to on board stereo system...best unit I've tried...all my calls can be heard via the JK's speaker system...

View attachment 1577

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
We tried some of those and they appear to work pretty good. The problem around here is that there is no "empty" FM bandwidth to tune the device to so you can use it.

So if you pick one of these up be sure to get one with many channel selections. :smokin:

·
Registered
184 Posts
We sell a lot of bluetooth. We sell some that are anywhere from 29 bucks on up. The 29 version is pretty cool because it runs off of quad-A batteries so no recharging, just replace the battery. The quality isn't too bad either.

We seel some top end units with noise cancelling but from experiance I can say they only moderatly help driving a topless or doorless or even just the windows down on a vehicle.

I am thinking of moving back to a boom mic as those always seem to work best whether wired or bluetooth.

We just started carrying BlueAnt. Quality seems to be there but too soon to speak about over all useablility.

The Plantronics with the mini-boom is nice. I can wear those over the ear units all day as opposed to theose that stick in your ear as they irrated me after 8 hours or so. The mini-boom is a step in the right direction.

I may end up going back to non-bluetooth just to get a nice lightweight full boom headset.
So what bluetooth headset do you recommend?

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
X2 :shaking:
Sadly you will have to get used to it. It is only a matter of time before the US is like California and the European nations where hands free is required or you get tickets, fines or ??? The alternative of course is to not talk on the cell phone while driving. :grinpimp:

Then people would only be limited to shaving, putting on makeup, reading the newspaper, eating and having sex while operating a motor vehicle. :thefinger:

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
So what bluetooth headset do you recommend?
For the customers that come into our stores, I suggest comfort as the first priority in choosing a headset. Everything else I can recommend by asking questions and seeing where it is they will use the headset.

In my experiance I haven't found any one particular unit head and shoulders more better than any other. At least not enough of a difference to say this is the one. Go for comfort that works best for you then you will actually wear the headset. ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
For the customers that come into our stores, I suggest comfort as the first priority in choosing a headset. Everything else I can recommend by asking questions and seeing where it is they will use the headset.

In my experiance I haven't found any one particular unit head and shoulders more better than any other. At least not enough of a difference to say this is the one. Go for comfort that works best for you then you will actually wear the headset. ;)
That is quite the PC answer. I guess you don't want to upset any of your suppliers who might be lurking :D

I do understand what you are saying though. I use my phone a lot, especially (and unfortunately) when I am driving. I get very frustrated when someone on the other end can't understand me. That is why I am always looking for something better.

peter

·
Registered
147 Posts
I use bluetooth when I eat a blue popsicle or hard candy. As far as cell phones go I miss the good old days when people called each other (or maybe dropped by) to talk when they actually had something to say. All this cell phone use is getting annoying especially when the folks calling (or being called) have nothing better to say than What's up?, What you doing?, Where you at? I mean come on folks if I had wanted you to know what I was doing I would have called you (or dropped by) before hand and invited you to go with me. We have cut our cell phone useage to ONE phone and it gets turned off half the time. We do not miss any importiant calls because we do have voice mail on the home phone and it's funny how we have gotten less and less I'm bored let me call you and bug you calls.

That said more power to you who actually need them for work but the rest of you non-stop talkers need to get a grip on life and think real hard about why you need this stuff so you can talk to someone ALL the time.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I use bluetooth when I eat a blue popsicle or hard candy. As far as cell phones go I miss the good old days when people called each other (or maybe dropped by) to talk when they actually had something to say. All this cell phone use is getting annoying especially when the folks calling (or being called) have nothing better to say than What's up?, What you doing?, Where you at? I mean come on folks if I had wanted you to know what I was doing I would have called you (or dropped by) before hand and invited you to go with me. We have cut our cell phone useage to ONE phone and it gets turned off half the time. We do not miss any importiant calls because we do have voice mail on the home phone and it's funny how we have gotten less and less I'm bored let me call you and bug you calls.

That said more power to you who actually need them for work but the rest of you non-stop talkers need to get a grip on life and think real hard about why you need this stuff so you can talk to someone ALL the time.
I have to agree...I admit, I see red when I see some scrote on the cell phone, slowly creeping up on your rear bumper at a stop 'cause he/she is totally NOT in control of his vehicle...same on the highway...the cut into the passing lane, and never pass the car in the slow lane 'cause they're on the freaking phone...I like the hands free device incase I have to answer a call so as to not be fumbling around for the phone...otherwise, cell phones are a nightmare on the road.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I have a Vizualogic CiGBlue installed in my JK, but with the soft top on and all the road noise it doesn't work very well on the highway, works great with the hard top or when around town though.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts