JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some warranty work done on my Jeep last week and one thing they did was replace my Mygig unit. Well now the new unit just shows a blue screen when I look at the map. It says "drive to a digitized road to bring up the map" or something close to that. Anyways before I contact the dealer I wanted to see if anyone has dealt with this before and if it might be an easy fix. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Are you in the middle of an ocean? :D

Is it possible you're trying to activate it in an area that you have no signal?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't live in the middle of an ocean, if I did I would much rather have a boat than a Jeep lol.

I am in the same place I always was and it's not working, even driving on the interstate.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Is it like the blue screen of death you would get on a computer?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not quite......it shows everything but the map. I see the menu boxes and the arrow, it's just blue where the map should be shown.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Try this site and open a ticket with them, they'll point you in the right direction.

http://mofv.com/mygig/

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
More than likely you need to calibrate the mygig... the dealer should have done this. IIRC, you need to drive something like 10 miles on the same road heading north, then 10 miles south. Right now, your nav doesnt know where it is and need calibration to properly locate it. I haven heard about this issue in about 3 years, so info may be a bit dated

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Be careful if you're going to calibrate the thing yourself, I hear you can "brick" it easily.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I am just going to drive it a little bit and see if it calibrates itself. Read a little bit on the site you posted and it sounds like it might just need driven a bit to figure out where it is. If it doesn't work soon, I will take it back in.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
I think I am just going to drive it a little bit and see if it calibrates itself. Read a little bit on the site you posted and it sounds like it might just need driven a bit to figure out where it is. If it doesn't work soon, I will take it back in.
Send them an email on the site, it's free. They may know of a quick fix and you can save yourself a little time and gas. :beer:<---- More

1 - 10 of 10 Posts