JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if it was module controlled. I'm assuming it doesn't seem to be putting out any less volume, but it just shuts off? Have you looked for debris in the box?

Pop out the glove box, you may have to turn the key on and hit "recirc" to see the blower, but it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm having similar issue with an 08 JKU (purchased in Oct 11). Sometimes (more frequently lately) if I turn on jeep, the blower motor won't work (at any speed). A few times, also, my front 2 windows (rear 2 are fine) won't operate.

If i turn jeep off and wait (10-15 seconds seem to be sweet spot) then start jeep back up, works fine.

I called local dealers, noone heard of anything. Called and opened ticket with jeep customer service (it's pending). Basically noone said they can do anything without reproducing issue.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Well lets hope you're not resurrecting all old forum threads here ;)

First try a complete system reset by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes.
Check that the fan (squirrel cage behind the glove compartment) is turning easily and while there check the motor connector and cables.
In the end it can be many things including a faulty TIPM

·
Registered
120 Posts
any chance that the plug is loose? I had an issue with mine where I didn't get it tight enough (had the dash apart to hardwire some stuff) and it would work most of the time but not every time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm leaning towards faulty TIPM since it also affects my front 2 windows at the same time but not always.

restarting vehicle fixes both at the same time when it happens.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
just a suggestion. Try the wiggle test. See if you can duplicate the fail. Otherwise look up the wiring diagram and confirm what is common between the two failures, and then focus there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What did you end up finding was the issue? I'm having the same problem. Fan is on and off a couple times then just quits... Powering off (the ignition) then back on fixes it, sometimes for days, sometimes for minutes...

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I can tell you this.

If the a/c heater blower fan motor only comes on if switched to high then change resistor.

If it is off at any speed then it turns on if you give the motor a wack then change the motor,

If it is off and comes back on by only turning off the jeep and turning it on again then change the TIPM.

If all of that doesn't fix the problem then change the switch.and A/C heater control module cause that is all that is left.

Or go to the dealer and save some money.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 08 Rubicon started that same thing and after research it seems that the pin connection between the Power control module and its base(where the fuses are) was making an off- on connection to the blower motor for AC/or heat relay. I didn't really want to take it apart, sooooo, I looked behind the glove box and found the two wires going into the blower and find the one that has power when the fan is turned on. two wires, one goes to the resister and then on the switch on dash to ground. The other goes to the blower motor relay in the PCM. I spliced into the hot wire next to the blower motor and ran it out under the hood to a relay of my own from Napa auto. The hot wire to the coil activates it and the heavy wire relayed wire, goes to the plus + terminal on the battery. The wire from to coil goes to a toggle switch on the dash and back to activate the relay I installed.
Works great, no problems all summer to date. OR you can take it to he dealership and have them fix it......for a price!

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 08 Rubicon started that same thing and after research it seems that the pin connection between the Power control module and its base(where the fuses are) was making an off- on connection to the blower motor for AC/or heat relay. I didn't really want to take it apart, sooooo, I looked behind the glove box and found the two wires going into the blower and find the one that has power when the fan is turned on. two wires, one goes to the resister and then on the switch on dash to ground. The other goes to the blower motor relay in the PCM. I spliced into the hot wire next to the blower motor and ran it out under the hood to a relay of my own from Napa auto. The hot wire to the coil activates it and the heavy wire relayed wire, goes to the plus + terminal on the battery. The wire from to coil goes to a toggle switch on the dash and back to activate the relay I installed.
Works great, no problems all summer to date. OR you can take it to he dealership and have them fix it......for a price!

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts

duplicity ...
You've won the award for DV:

:jeep2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts