JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I've been following the development of the Avenger Supercharger System for the JK for about 2 and a half years.
I drove the original 3.8 kit a couple years ago and was pretty disappointed. At that time, I decided that I would swap in a Hemi or maybe a 4BT Diesel because nobody had successfully supercharged a JK yet. By "successfully", I mean making it run "right"... all the time.
Well, Jack from Avenger partnered up with the best tuner in Colorado and got the thing dialed in! I recently had the chance to drive the latest version of the supercharger, on both a 2-Door JK with 40's(Jack's half-cab) and Alasha's 4-Door with stock wheels/tires.
I was extremely pleased with the performance of the new system! It doesn't feel like a WRX Sti or anything, but it changes the drive-ability of the Jeep dramatically. Lane changes, freeway ramps, and mountain passes will no longer require 5000 rpms!

STOCK BASELINE dyno with Auto trans, 41" Iroks, 5.13 gears, K&N cone filter on Rusty's intake tube, and custom exhaust with a Flowmaster 50 Series:

Started the install today!:bounce:

Got a young helper!

As well as some mature help!

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
43lb injectors.

Lengthening the throttle body harness.

Jig for the blower intake.

Prepping the surface for the blower.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Install should be done by next Wednesday and I'll post the baseline and supercharged dyno graphs for an honest comparison. I'll keep updating throughout the process...:beer:

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Congrats thats awsome. I'm totaly jeleous!:thefinger:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Awesome thread title, can't wait to see videos of the rig in action.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
10 pounds of boost into 3.8 liters of shite. :D:D:beer:

Can't wait to see the results!

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, now to be serious, who is a bigger help - Alex or Jack? LOL
I think they enjoyed each other's company. Alex kept bugging Jack for stickers, so they got a little side-tracked once in a while.
But I think Alex could install the whole thing by himself.:laughing: It's really quite a simple install!

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Awesome man! ive been looking into this supercharger for the fact that I can run my aev snorkel with it with a little modifying :D good luck with the rest of the install :beer:

1 - 20 of 176 Posts