JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a quick question for yall hopefully you can give me some ideas.
i have a 09 jk with 28000 miles on it and i bought it about a year ago since then it has seemed like one problem after another, but i started getting bad gas mileage so i pulled the plugs an the looked horrible changed them out and the gas mileage went back up. Now my mileage is dropping again so i pulled the plugs and the air intake tube well the plugs were dirty again and there is alot of oil in the intake from blow by which there was oil on the plugs too. My question is what could cause so much blow by on such a young engine?

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Are you running an aftermarket chip or did it get a custom tune? A pic of a plug would help too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naw no tune or chip and sorry i hit the plug with a wire brush and threw it back in then cranked it up and etb went crazy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just curious...have you checked your PCV valve? It's possible that spring in the valve is broken and allowing more than just gasses to escape.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If it's the rings, you might have I burnt fuel in the oil.

Auto or manual? I'm pretty good with manual and know some stuff about auto.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Auto. Whenever I am on a slight incline it will not go into reverse its start slipping then finally catches an goes into gear. An haven't checked the oil yet

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Usually slipping is a sign of worn clutch discs or a worn reverse band. You may wanna check for any trans codes, in case it's solenoid/pressure issue. I would check the fluid and maybe even drop the pan and see if there is any foreign material in the oil.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 37 Posts