Registered
314 Posts
When was this system put into affect? 2007 or before that

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They had Traction Control before, but I think this new BLD is more designed for the Wrangler to enhance it's offroad capability. And they even made the BLD more aggresive in 4-LO for Rock Crawling, but I think it's a first according to this below:

and I save this Vid to show a stock JK using the BLD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5d82cdEq6U

http://cgcomm.daimlerchrysler.com/documents.do?method=display&docType=pressrelease&docId=5541
Available for the first time with Jeep Wrangler models are Brake Lock Differentials (BLDs), which are incorporated into the Electronic Stability Program (ESP) algorithm. BLDs apply braking force to an axle's spinning wheel in order to provide an equal amount of torque to each wheel and deliver greater traction for rock-crawling over severe off-road terrain. A separate set of BLD calibrations is designed for off-road operation and automatically activates when driving in 4 Low.

Electronic Stability Program
For the first time in a Wrangler, the all-new 2007 Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited come standard with Chrysler Group's Electronic Stability Program (ESP) – providing significant benefits in accident-avoidance driving situations. ESP helps the driver maintain vehicle directional stability by applying selective braking and engine control, within the limits of available traction, to maintain the vehicle's intended course. Jeep Wrangler's ESP system includes Hydraulic Brake Assist, Traction Control, Brake Lock Differentials and Electronic Roll Mitigation.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
It's been around on other vehicles for a while, automatically applying the the brakes to control wheel spin, and therefore allow power to go to the non spinning wheel. It works well on moderate terrain, but for the more difficult stuff I've yet to be impressed by any of the electronic systems.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Can one of the mods PLEASE ban this weiwei? Or at least take their breathing privilages away?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts