JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have pic of there jeeps with a variety of black or gloss black rims.. in the process of searching for rims and wanna see what some look like on the jk.. if you can leave the model of the wheel too thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
depending on where you're located powdercoating your factory 17"s is a great option. i know a guy that had his jk done all five wheels for 250 dollars

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Hey Venom, I know we live pretty close but I am going to have to do my rims like yours. :thefinger: My jk is solid black and I think it will look pretty cool! I am in a different town so maybe won't be that bad. So is there a good powder coating place in Abilene because there is not one here in Brownwood?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I painted my AEV Bridger Wheels. Here are some photographs.

Flat Black Paint

Semi-Gloss Black Paint -- this is what I ended up using.

Here they are dirty!

My take on paint vs powder coat. I have yet to hear someone say those look like you spray painted them. Plus touch up is easy and Jeep wheels get rock rash.

·
Registered
11,065 Posts

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
yup, no powder coat for me
I like being able to grab a rattlecan off the shelf and pfft pfft away scratches and rock rash, or at least I will when something finally happens - no damage at all yet :grinpimp:
Plus I'm a hardcore do it yourselfer - the ONLY thing that has been done on my rig by someone other than me was the gears.
Oh yeah, and I'm usually broke, elbow grease I got - extra cash, not so much :thefinger:

Nice thing about the bedliner is it's a textured finish.
So touchups - even over scrapes and small gouges, should pretty much disappear.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I LOVE the black wheel look! Alas, I don't know if I can pull it off. Rescue Green w/ a tan hardtop... I feel I would be working with an odd color combination. Any thoughts and/or rebels who have done this?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
35x12.50-16 on 7089's.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts