JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to do the black grill mod to my yellow jk. Just wondering if I could get a write or just some help from someone that has done it (ive read the other threads on it already). I am also wanting to dupicolor my tailgate and possibly the back corners as well. Would dupicolor work for this as well. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Im looking to do the black grill mod to my yellow jk. Just wondering if I could get a write or just some help from someone that has done it (ive read the other threads on it already). I am also wanting to dupicolor my tailgate and possibly the back corners as well. Would dupicolor work for this as well. Thanks for any input.
As far as the grill goes, I took mine off and hit it with 150 grit to scuff it up real good. I used truck bed liner so I wasn't real concerned with any deep gouges that might happen. I used the truck bed coating from autozone the stuff in the red and white can. If you decide to use it DO NOT GET THE RUBBERIZED, there are two kinds and they come in identical cans so read carefully. As to the rest of the question, I really don't know. I pulled out my rear fender wells when I put in the xenon flares and used the same paint up inside and it looks great. No sanding or anything and it's holding pretty good. The grill mod looks great on any rig. :beer:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Thanks for the help. I was just wondering since the back corners were metal if it could be done with the same results...
Just mask before you scuff and you should be good. Try your tailgate first and see how you like it and how well it performs. I just did the grill, and it turned out really well.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Mine came from the factory with the black grill mod... ;)

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts