JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Jeep came with the CHROME mopar fuel door cover and i am trying to blackout the jeep so i want to replace it with a black one, preferably the mopar but will consider other options..dont really care if it locks or not.

Im also open to a trade if you are looking for a chrome one. Its in perfect condition, just doesnt match what i am going for.

thanks!

·
Registered
899 Posts
My Jeep came with the CHROME mopar fuel door cover and i am trying to blackout the jeep so i want to replace it with a black one, preferably the mopar but will consider other options..dont really care if it locks or not.

Im also open to a trade if you are looking for a chrome one. Its in perfect condition, just doesnt match what i am going for.

thanks!
You could probably scuff it up with a Scotch-Bright pad and paint it black or use spray on bed liner. I removed and painted my JEEP grill emblem a couple of months ago and it turned out great (black on white).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a great idea! i feel kind of stupid for not thinking of that first :) Yours looks great, what paint did you use? did you use any primer or did you just scuff it up? i am no experience painting metal/chrome so i am not sure how to prep to make sure the paint will stick.

I am going for a matte black...something that will match my black jeep paint color or the black fenders (oem). I made a post in general discussions asking for advice.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts