JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

Hi everybody

I'm not thrilled that my first post is to sell an item, but I kinda have to hustle on this I'm afraid.

Item : Black 2 piece Hardtop for 2dr JK , Keystone Restyling brand (previously Bestop hardtops)
Price: $1700 - make me an offer , will also consider part in trade (looking for a soft top/trektop/new tires).

Local pickup is probably easier, but if you want to setup delivery, I think it runs about $250. You can arrange for pickup directly from the bodyshop.

This retails on most sites for $2200

After my accident, my insurance company decided to replace the whole top because they couldn't "match the texture" of a few scratches. It took over a month to come in, and it's sitting right now at the body shop, still crated and wrapped in plastic, straight from Keystone in CA. I can personally attest that these are great tops, better than the Freedom tops in my opinion, especially for dealing with the FL heat. During the summer, I had to duck the heat radiating from the Freedom top in my previous JK. The headliner in this top does a great job regulating temperature.

** I wasn't sure if I was allowed to link to this item on a vendor's site for example. PM me I guess. If you're interested/need more info, I can get pictures of the one on my jeep currently.

-----------------
- Made of resilient, fiberglass-reinforced plastic for long life.
- In-mold gel coat color reduces fading for unsurpassed appearance.
- Automotive-grade, washable headliner reduces noise and increases insulation.
- Rear window defroster melts snow and ice for an unobstructed view.
- Gas-charged shocks support rear window for easy open/close and loading.
- Interior molded pockets store CDs, cell phones and garage door openers.
- 22% tinted tempered glass windows provide safety and comfort.
- Features removable cockpit cover.
- Rear shell can be removed while cockpit cover stays in place on vehicle.
- Hardtop kits include installation hardware.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone is interested, I would also be willing to consider offers to sell or trade on my old top, the one with the few scratches, as mentioned above.

I'm trying to get $800 for it, or partial trade for a soft top with hardware.

·
Registered
339 Posts
How bad is the scratched top?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm interested in one or the other, I sent a PM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm interested in one or the other, I sent a PM.
I haven't received a PM.

I'm new, but I think I am looking in the right place

[edit] Found it in my email but not on the site here, weird . Replied via email

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SOLD

Hey guys,
sorry for the late update and any wasted searches, but this sucker is SOLD!

Thanks for looking.

** I was trying to figure out if it is possible to edit the title of this thread to add Sold to the subject line. If anyone know how to do that, let me know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How did you guys like the Keystone top?
I'm actually pretty happy with mine. I've had both this top and the Freedom top on my previous Jeep.

Cons first :

CONS :: to be honest, I get a little bit of a leak in heavy rain when it's been sitting still and collecting, but I think that is probably partly due to the accident I had making it possibly sit askew OR the previous owner installing it himself and not getting a great fit. (my accident was so soon after purchasing that I never got a good test in prior). It's nothing major though, and certainly not as bad as the leak I had in the Freedom top. The only other issue is that with the 2piece, if you decide to remove the front cover, there is no easy place to put it (in a 2 door). Apparently they used to make a roofrack mount for the TJs that gave you a place to put the front when removed, but so far it doesn't exist for JKs

PROS :: It's EXCELLENT for not over-heating the way the Freedom top does. I live in Florida, and if you don't live in the heat then it may not be an issue for you, but when I had my freedom top and it sat in the sun for awhile, you could actually feel the heat radiating down on the inside hot enough that I had to duck down when I first got in it. This top has a carpeted liner on top AND sides that seems help maintain the temp and the muffle outside side. ALSO the back hinge broke on mine, and I was able to contact the manuf and get a replacement hinge for like $17. Try finding an OEM replacement hinge for the Freedom top.

If I were buying one now, I'd get the Keystone top...although I do wish they'd put out the roof rack mount system for the front cover on the JK.

·
Registered
133 Posts
How did you guys like the Keystone top?
I love the Keystone top and I'm happy I got a great deal on this one. Mine does not leak and stays very cool in the hot Florida sun. I feel the fit and finish is better than the Mopar top, but yes, it is hard to find a place to put the large front piece when you take it off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts