JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased a Poly Performance steering stabilizer relocation kit as well as a Bilstein 5100 series replacement.

Once I received the stabilizer I was looking at it and realized it has a positive charge, meaning when you depress the shaft it pushes back out. This would not concern me except the force is pretty strong. I called Bilstein directly and the "tech" told me it would be fine and would not cause any issues.

I went along with the install and after getting everything set I took it out for a drive. Under 50 mph, everything appears fine but once at freeway speeds (60-75) it pushes the vehicle to the left.

After I got home, I did a lot of research online and found this is a common problem.

Needless to say, I am quite dissapointed with Bilstein.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

·
Registered
204 Posts
return the bilstein,and for the price get yourself two skyjacker stabilizers
they are hidraulic so no pulling,one goes on your jeep the other one as a spare.
if your steering is dialed in correctly,you should not need a stabilizer anyway.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I wish I would have seen your post I just ordered one. Let you know if I have the same problem. or I might just cancel it in the morning.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
sorry, but in my experience...I would never put two stabilizers on any vehicle..your masking more issues this way.

Look up Poly Performance and get the Fox stabilizer...from what I've read..this little guy will do the job correctly!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts