JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Jeep is a hardtop only Jeep. I don't have the coin for a soft top right now and I'm keeping the hardtop for winter runs to Colorado. Bikini tops in the YJ days just had velcro straps that wrapped the roll bar. Every bikini I've looked at seems to require door surrounds. Do they make bikinis for us hard top only folks, are they worth it without door surrounds?

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have one without the door surrounds. Like the YJ's, it just uses velcro around the roll bars. However I don't use it anymore since I installed the spiderweb shade. I suggest you get one of these instead.

If you insist on having a Bikini, I'll sell you my lightly used one. :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Besttop has velcro for if you take the surrounds off. I have a spiderweb for when it is sunny and my bikini top for trail riding in bad weather.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I tried the BesTop bikini for my JKU and had it on for a total of 3 days. I'd suggest a Spiderweb shade, too, if you want to go that route. Either that, or wait for the TrekTop NX or SuperTop NX. Bikini feature is built in.

·
Registered
866 Posts
The shade doesn't stop rain but it wouldn't matter in a down pour anyway. The turbulants get you soaked no matter what. :D

I got caught without my top and doors and just the bikini top on a cool fall day. 90 minutes with shorts a t-short and a plastic poncho. It sucked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts