JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Like most everything else out there, you get what you pay for. Might not be relevant here but most of the Rampage stuff I've put my hands on just seems to be cheaply made.

I've had a BestTop bikini for about a year and half, put about 20k miles on it and it's help up very well. Still looks good too.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Timmay,

Do you currently have a soft top? I bought my JK with the hard top only and then purchased the Off Road Hero soft top. It is ideal as a Bikini which will keep the weather out, works well with doors on or off and the rear section (around the trunk area) is separate and removable. I know Bestop makes one similar...this way you get the best of both worlds. I've read in JKO a lot about spiderweb shades too: http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38972&highlight=spiderweb+shade

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet. Thanks for everyone's help. I currently have a soft top, but really like not having the top on right now, but I know there are going to be those trail days when I need something over my head to keep the sun out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
On my old TJ my "Bikini" top was just the soft top with the windows and door removed. Gave me some shade, let the wind in, included in the price of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I have a Bestop safari-top that ended up ripping one of the rear straps within 2 weeks. Took my siding cutters and cut the thing in half, it's now a Bikini. Holds up VERY well, no flapping, etc. and is latched just like the Bestop bikini is. Bestop for me.

But, it'll keep the moisture out when standing still, not on the highway. The truck makes some awful wind "vortexes" (if that's the word) and the wind and rain just comes back into the truck from the rear.

·
Registered
37 Posts
how about that windjammer option that bestop offers? does that thing actually keep the water out if you get in an unexpected rainstorm? Looking at the combo bikini, duster and windjammer myself.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
another vote for MOPAR bikini top. I love mine. You'll love yours!

I got it, because I read a lot of threads talking about how the others flap and some put a pool noodle to prevent it from flapping.

MOPAR = No Flap

·
Registered
136 Posts
The Mopar is great and comes with the built-in header that you have to buy with other brands. It's a bit more expensive, but I feel it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
+1 on the mopar with a duster. Very good quality on both.

FYI: if you have a 4door there is no Windjammer
No, but the 2dr windjammer will fit. It doesn't fit very well, but it does fit. On the highway it keeps everything weather tight, but sitting still the gaps between the windjammer and the duster let the water in like crazy.

·
Registered
111 Posts
On my old TJ my "Bikini" top was just the soft top with the windows and door removed. Gave me some shade, let the wind in, included in the price of the vehicle.

thats what i do now my back window zipper is broken so it is never in..i even roll up the back flaps to get that true bikini feeling...but i do have the hardtop for those cold louisana winters..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts