JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the style rack they used on xtreme 4x4 for the trailer, but I have no damn idea how to find it online. Ian said ANA manufacturing but I can't find shit. He welded the cross support for the front fork on the trailer and there was a bolt with a strap to secure the rear tire. If anyone has an idea what this style mount is called please fill me in! I'm thinking about doing something custom for my trailer to carry our bikes.

I've tried googling about everything I can think of but haven't found anything even remotely close to that bracket. It wasn't listed on the website for that episode either.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Yes those front skewers are made by a lot of company's. Locking or non.

And I know you can get the rear ratchet strap deals from Yakima.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I didnt like how in the back it was just a strap. I would use an old Thule bike tray cut to fit the locationto hold the tire. The channel in the bottom will accept a carriage bolt so you can bolt it to... whatever and you can use the thule ratchet strap to hold the wheel down.

This way you can use any bike with any wheelbase and it will fit on the rack by moving the strap in the tray.
The way Ian had his set up you could only put that exact bike or one that is the same size on there. What happens if you get a new bike with a different wheelbase or if you are taking a friends bike or your kids BMX bike?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts