JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a OR-FAB tire carrier with the Gas cans (plastic ones, whatever you call them).

How is everyone running a bike carrier with tire carriers? Do you think I could get an over the tire bike rack? Or is it to much weight.

I do have a towing hitch on the jeep. But from the sheet metal to the end of tire it is 22.5in. Thats a hell of an extension isn't it? Just curious how you all were doing it. Thanks in advance.

And the reason for the bike rack is my girlfriend wants me to be healthy... and bike... and shit... :thefinger:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I run a Yakima Kingpin 4-Bike Hitch Rack, and then added a hitch extension from harbor freight

I'll see if I can find any pics with the rack on........

·
Registered
8 Posts
The alternative is to get a roof rack and put the bikes on top. But then I would worry about low bridges or forgetting that they are up there when I park in the garage. Would really cut short any type of riding.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I run the yakima sparetime on mine. It mounts to the wheel studs holding your spare and will fit up to a 35" tire. Their customer service is top notch and their quality is great as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts