JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tis the season (EJS) when you have the hardest time finding Jeep products for your rig to order, but I do this to myself every year! :shaking:

For the past 8 months I've had a war with myself over Goodyear MTRs and Pitbull Rockers in 37x12.5R17 being my next tire choice (since they both offer a narrower 12.5" wide tire compared to my 13.5" Mud Grapplers). Well in finding out about the huge back-order on the Goodyears I decided to go back to my original choice... Pitbull Rockers it was!

So I get my quotes together... from every vendor on JKO that carries these puppies. Took about a week to slowly send out my inquiry and receive my quotes. Turn around the next week to place my order and :pissed::pissed: WTF... NOW THEY'RE BACK-ORDERED!:pissed:

But alas... one vendor here actually had them in his possession! :bounce:

HUGE THANKS to Hoyt4x4 of Pinellas Park, Florida (bobtail82 here on JKO) for coming through in a BIG way for me! :beer: These are the first step to my rebuild/fender widening project to get the JK back on the road and in accordance to Maine inspection laws.

and of course...

So the plan will be to mount these, remove my current 1.5" Spidertrax spacers, check for clearance/trim if needed, and then extend my ORE fenders to provide required tire coverage. Been working with county sheriffs and a local 4x4 shop/club for guidance. Then the beast will be back!

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I sometimes wish that I had gone with those. No complaints with my MTR's, but every time I see those Pitbull's, I like them more and more. Such a damn aggressive tread design.

:beer:

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Nice man!:beer: I think they will be my upgrade when i burn these grapplers down. Maybe I should do burnouts at every stop light:thefinger:

·
Registered
900 Posts
i loved my rockers!!! and i didn't have any issues with them in the snow at all! now i need new tires and in radials, they have odd sizes. I havn't found anyone who carries the 41" yet but i have been told they havn't been released yet either. :-( why is it hard to get 40" tires???

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
i loved my rockers!!! and i didn't have any issues with them in the snow at all! now i need new tires and in radials, they have odd sizes. I havn't found anyone who carries the 41" yet but i have been told they havn't been released yet either. :-( why is it hard to get 40" tires???
Its just as hard to get a 37 for a 16 inch wheel. Pit Bull Rockers were supposed to be available in the radial in a 37x12.5r16 size at the end of April. Its the end of April and I don't see much changing. Probably going to stick with KM2s since I can keep my wheels

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
great choice.. looks great ! i just got some myself... also had the mudgrapplers... cant wait to get the pitbulls rolling.... oh also nice to hear you are keeping the EVO flares and extendeding them... gonna look sick ! :beer:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I have a set of these too in the 35 12.5 15 flavor. Im just waiting for wheels and then its on! The rocks are going to cringe this year! :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Tires look great! Whats the wear like on these? And are they pretty loud?
I've got a couple hundred miles on my rockers now and to me they aren't that loud considering how aggressive their tread is. I can't tell you about wear as I don't drive mine enough to wear them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looking forward to providing a loudness report as i owned the mud grapplers for almost their entire life and they are one of the loudest out there... or i should say high pitched loudest.

will report back in a few weeks when the rig comes outta the shop. :beer:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am in the same boat, I have 37 MTR Kevlars on back order with a major distributer and they can not give me an arival date. I may try to get my money back and get 37 Rocker Radials.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts