JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started getting the jeep ready for the BFH to be installed tomorrow after I pick it up from the powder coat place.

For those who think its not for them because you are cutting the frame, well its not that bad.

Tools I used was a sawzall, dremel tool (yup), marker, right angle and eye pro. I don't have a grinder and really don't trust my skills with one. I found cutting the frame caps off first then the crash bar easier for me. It allowed for better angles with the sawzall. I used two different saw blades, long and short (I don't remember sizes). The long one was money and cut through everything like butter. The dremel took some time, but I was able to control what I need to grind a lot better.

Tomorrow is primer and paint after a fitment check drill some holes, bolt it up, finish my rear brawler and drink some :beer:

Here is a couple of pics, more tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
Man, you completely cut in the wrong places!!

j/k.
Looks good so far. :beer:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Mine didn't look like that at that point in the cutting.

I had a beer somewhere in there!:beer:

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Nice, we used a sawzall for my frame rail as well. Tough to beat that straight cut you get.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. I drink some :beer: and no I actually did not draw blood this time, but there is always tomorrow. I went with the brawler bar also.

Not too productive today. Finished the rear FINALLY after getting the last parts (thanks for the help again Marcus!). But it looks good!

For the BFH, I drilled out the mounting holes and of course one was a little off. No big deal of fix. I painted all the bare metal up and hope to finish it tomorrow.

So off to more :beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Kickass bumper!

·
Coonasian
1,835 Posts
Nice stuff, good work! :beer:

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Almost done

Got it on! I really do like this bumper.

I need some suggestions on where to put my rigids. The brawler bar is blocking these and I don't think they would look good on the bar. Maybe I just need to get a synthetic rope so that it sits back or mount it on the bottom? I want to use them as my fogs, so I dunno. Just have to hook those up then complete.

Sorry for all the garage pics, but I haven't gone anywhere.:beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Looks great... nice install! :beer:

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,653 Posts
Looks great Eddie! The cuts you made and the pieces that were left made it look like they were supposed to be removeable. When I did mine I experimented with every piece of metal cutting equipment I had at my disposal. There were pieces of shrapnel everywhere! Lol!

Nice work my man!

Sent from my cellular communication device.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks again Marcus for helping me through the whole process.

If anyone needs anything for their Jeep go with Marcus @ River City Offroad, he went above and beyond with everything we had to deal with.

Yeah I like it with the crash bar off and it looks better now. Nice and clean. Very good craftsmanship from Poison Spyder. In the end the wait was worth it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nice bumper! Ive got the bfh on the rear, put the brawler lite up front. I'm thinking of selling it and getting a bfh for the front though.

How does the front attach?

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice bumper! Ive got the bfh on the rear, put the brawler lite up front. I'm thinking of selling it and getting a bfh for the front though.

How does the front attach?
Four bolts. Cut 2 inches off and the crash bar. Easier cuts than the rear. I would have done the BFH rear if I didn't need my receiver hitch.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Instead of making a new thread I decided to just add it here. The rear rock brawlers latch had a little play that could cause a rattle.

I got this idea from e-jeep and modified it a bit. I replace two bolts from the lower section on the tire carrier with 2x 2.5" bolts, used existing hardware and reattached. Used 2 x rubber stoppers 1" thick and drilled about .5" in. Used a 3/8" fender washer and two nuts. Put it all on and adjusted.

Now when I close the tire arm the stoppers with press the tail gate and take the play out of the latch.

Lastly little simple idea, I used 2 x 1/4-20 well nuts, 2 x washers and hex nuts and placed in the Holstein where the rubber bump stops were. I may exchange the stainless for black hardware but this worked. Not bad I don't think.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts