JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what is a good starting point?
im mounting some up today on the JK (only paid 750 for 4 new btw :) )
and want a starting point to do the chalk test off of

·
Premium Member
15,301 Posts
I initially ran my 35" KM2's at 35 lbs all the way around. Since then I have run different pressures to get the best "feel" and wear that I could find. I have found that I like best running 34 to 35 lbs in the back and 30 to 32 lbs in the front (depending on the cargo weight). I found that with a little less pressure in the front, that it absorbs the bumps, potholes, etc, a little better. BTW- I have a fairly heavy bumper and winch combo up front.

*Great deal on picking them up for so cheap!

·
Banned
3,219 Posts
I have the BFG MT KM's (before the 2's) 35x12.50 15" and I run 32.5 psi. I drove through some water onto dry pavment at the end of my driveway to see how they were sitting on the pavment. Seemed to work well, some recomend using chalk on the tires to see the tread pattern. I would recomend one of those two methods to know for sure. Most people will probably very a few pounds based on thier rig and tires...

EDIT: DOH, just reread your original post where you already mentioned the chalk test, sorry. I would start at 31ish and work your way up

·
Registered
749 Posts
I run my ProComps 35's @ 32 PSI,they seem to be happy there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.