JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just throwing this out there. These ****ing tires kick ass!! It was muddy as hell out ot the OHV today and saw just about everyone out there swerving and sliding all over the place. First time in mud with the KM2's and it was point and shoot. Even my GF said, "Those new tires must be hella good coz that truck your following is all over the place and you're just going straight"

Hit (SLOWLY this time) quite a few pretty deep (2+ft) "puddles" and the thing just pulled right through with out much, if any spin, unless I wanted to hit the skinny.

The ProComp MT's werent bad but I could tell ALOT that these tires are far, far superior. At least in mud. High Five of the day to BFG!!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for sure on the rotating. I do it every oil change and with the old tires would incorporate the spare in. Unfortunatly on these (maybe it was just Les Schwab) but the one in the spare spot now was the furthest off balance and took, I believe, 7 1/4oz to balance. Nice wide patch of sticky weights on that sucker. Might just take that one somewhere else and see if they can do better.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I love these tires also. I have Dayton Timberline MT on the wife's Xterra and those suckers hum at highway speed. These km2 are not even noticable.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i have been really impressed with my km2's performance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about them and everyone who has them absolutely loves em' Has anyone ever seen the 42's? Or have any pics of them?

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
The off-road traction of KM2's is excellent, the sidewalls flex very well and they have loads of grip. They are the quietest and smoothest MT I've seen on-road, even quieter and smoother than Toyo MT's.

Mine stood up to lot's of abuse on the rocks and only after a year or so did I start losing some chunks of lugs, and only small pieces at that.

I rotated mine every 2-3k miles and they still have about 50% tread after 30k miles.

However, the tread wore oddly, every other lug on about 1/3 of the inside wore down 1/8-3/16" more than the neighboring lug. This created a very rough ride, even when balanced and with Dyna Beads, to the point that I could no longer run them.

Not exactly sure why they wore like that, but it happened pretty quickly and they went downhill fast.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Those are great tires...I wanted to go that route, but went with the Pro Comp Xtreme MTs...just waiting on the Pro Comp wheels to finish it up.

On another note, just changed out my 4 year old son's tires and put new 19" extreme terrain tires on his too...he wore holes in the originals going "hot roading" as he calls "off-roading". We have a nice mud hole behind the house now! LOL
That's awesome, that's one mean looking PowerWheels. Have had my KM2s now for about a year or so, love them offroad/onroad, rotate them every 3k, good even wear.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah they don't make noise on the highway, and have great grip, blah blah blah

All that really matters is that I can get them in a scale RC size :D That was all I needed to know before I made my choice. Now I just have to make sure I can get the right wheels. :beer:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts