JKOwners Forum banner

Bfg km2 tire pressure

15K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  bodyguy 
#1 ·
I just bought some Bfg Km2s 285/75/17 and I am wondering what tire pressure I should be running them at on the road, it says 65 psi on the tire but that seems really high and the dealer put them at about 37 so for some reason somethins screwed up so any feedback would be great.

#7 ·
Use some chalk or paint across the tread, drive down the street in a straight line and see how it wears. You want to aim for about 1 cm of paint left at the edge. If it's wearing off more in the middle you are over inflated, if it's wearing off all the way across or just on the outside you are under inflated. The front may not be the same as the rear.

You can the same thing by driving through dust/dirt/etc and then driving in a straight line on a clean road and seeing the pattern.

#8 ·
I run 40 in warm weather to stiffen the tire up so it doesnt feel mushy.. and 28-30 in the snow for more bite and 12 on the trail. That is on my 32R11.5 15 on crager soft 8's. You will just have to play with the pressure to get the ride and handling you like.

#11 ·
No need for bead locks at 10 psi, I ran at that off-road for two years with no issues. The only person I've seen pop a KM bead was Duke and he was running 37's on the stock Rubi rims.

FWIW I found that anything much over 12 psi and the sidewalls did not flex enough.

EDIT: The above is based on rocks, if you are slinging mud or high speed sand running you may not have the same results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.