JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a set of 285/70R17 BFG K02s for my 4 door JKU

These tires are E rated and recommended factory PSI is 80. The installer inflated them to 70PSI when installed and now I'm getting tossed around in the drivers seat rolling down the road. I understand that the tires will produce a less comfortable ride than the stock Goodyear Wranglers, but the current ride is pretty rough for a daily driver.

Is anyone running these tires? If so, what PSI is recommended that is both safe and practical for daily driver use? No added weight on the wrangler yet - the rest of the body and suspension are stock the exception of 17 x 8.5 Mamba wheels with 4.75 inch backspacing.

Any and all help is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
take a chalk, draw a thick line across the tread - drive around the block, check how the line is "worn" and adjust pressure as necessary. You should get an even wear on the line as you want an even wear on the tire.

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts
as mine are 37" -D-rated on 17s , I'm not sure this will help but I run the KO2s at 24psi on road and between 9 & 18 psi off-road ( non BL'ed).

I ran 325/70r16 ( iirc) , eRated , similar carcassed Cooper STTs on my four door for 2 years and those were at 28psi street and as low as 8psi off-road.

Chalk Test plus trial&error is best way to find your , unique and specific to your rig tire pressure:jeep2:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I run the ko2s on my Silverado at 35 so id guess 30 would be pretty close on a jk. I run the ridge grapplers on my 2 door at 30 and might even drop them 2 more psi.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If i'm taking a road trip or trying to save gas (haha) i run them at 35psi, normally i run them at 28-30psi

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Just FYI, 80 PSI isn't the recommended pressure, it is the maximum rated pressure of the tires.

Just curious, who was the installer?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Code:
Thanks all. Running at 33 cold. Nice comfortable ride and even wear after two tire rotations. Appreciate the input!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts