JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone thinking about purchasing the AEV hemi conversion kit or a Jeep with it already in it, beware of the following:

1). The radiators leak from the core within months,even weeks of use. ive had 3 replaced under warranty and finally gave up on them and had the fourth one custom made.

2). Catalytic converters disintegrate in less than a year.

3). Engine code being thrown every several weeks regarding slow O2 sensor response. Replaced the sensor but still does the same thing. Still chasing this one down.

4). transmission cooler lines start to leak in less than a year.

There are several posts about the leaky radiators and failed cats on their forum but they have gone unaddressed. this conversion was done several years ago and im still wasting time and money fixing problems with these aev kit parts.

·
Registered
106 Posts
For anyone thinking about purchasing the AEV hemi conversion kit or a Jeep with it already in it, beware of the following:

1). The radiators leak from the core within months,even weeks of use. ive had 3 replaced under warranty and finally gave up on them and had the fourth one custom made.

3). Engine code being thrown every several weeks regarding slow O2 sensor response. Replaced the sensor but still does the same thing. Still chasing this one down.

There are several posts about the leaky radiators and failed cats on their forum but they have gone unaddressed. this conversion was done several years ago and im still wasting time and money fixing problems with these aev kit parts.
First posts like this one make me wonder who screwed up the install.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Yep, 1st post. Thinking that they hit up every jeep forum to smear a company.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Really? First post at JKO and you skip the Welcome section and go straight to Dirty Laundry. And all this supposed shit's been going on for "several years"? Your kind is very well known around these parts son, so fuck off. Go to Wayalife and bitch moan.:flipoff:

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

As an owner of a DIY AEV Hemi conversion for going on 4 years now, I can say:

1) Never had a problem with the radiator leaking.
2) Have had zero problems with the cats
3) I did have an O2 sensor code thrown when I first did the swap. Changed out both of the O2 sensors that were re-used in the swap (Kit says to use two new snesors, and you can re-use the other two if they are in good shape). Codes are gone.
4) My trans lines have never leaked. Just be sure you are using high-pressure hose clamps, like the ones for fuel injection lines. Regular hose clamps on any transmission line are bound to start leaking, IMO.

Not sure who did the OP's swap, if it was him or somebody else, so I will reserve judgement on the quality of work performed.
But I do agree, there are better ways to air out your laundry than to do it with your first post on a forum.

AMP

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Through the use of special proprietary, previously unknown reverse tracking software a jpeg of the OP has been obtained. The verbiage, intent and facial expression of the OP is now self evident.:thankyou:

Attachments

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
What does the AEV kit have to do with the problems that the OP listed? Or am I missing the fact that AEV now makes radiators, cats, and transmission cooler lines?
They probably fucked up their install and are looking everywhere to lay out there pity party to anyone that will listen. Well guess what?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
What does the AEV kit have to do with the problems that the OP listed? Or am I missing the fact that AEV now makes radiators, cats, and transmission cooler lines?
When you buy the AEV kit, it comes complete with a new aluminum radiator, complete new exhaust including cats, new transmission cooler lines, etc. Basically everything gets replaced from the radiator to the exhaust tip.

:beer:

AMP

1 - 20 of 24 Posts