JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was emailed to me and I liked it, would help the economy by allowing me to buy more Jeep parts and a house with a garage to keep the jeep in :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This sounds like a good plan to me but that's because it makes sense.)

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up... So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It Dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage – housing crisis solved.

Repay college loans – what a great boost to new grads.

Put away money for college – it'll be there.

Save in a bank – create money to loan to entrepreneurs.

Buy a new car – create jobs.

Invest in the market – capital drives growth.

Pay for your parent's medical insurance – health care improves.

Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean – or else.

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( 'vote buy' ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG – liquidate it . Sell off its parts. Let American General go back to being American General. Sell off the real estate. Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can 'never work.'

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 billion We Deserve It Dividend more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC.

And remember, thie plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I wanna' do over...$425K sounds good to me...

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, I didn't do the math, I only cut and pasted, and I agree, I want a do over too, I like the extra zeros a lot better. :D

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
how about we let all the people that signed up for loans they couldn't afford to pay just drown, get evicted and become homeless.

then sell the homes they were evicted from.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
They will only be sold back to the homeless at a significantly reduced price and extremely favorable interest rates....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Your going to have take another look at the math on that one. the last stimulous was $85B and we got $600. What I want is that $700B to be givin out partialy. I say give out $300B as a stimulous and invest the other $400B in our aging infastructure. give us money and create jobs and pump more money into the economy while fixing one are most vital problems. But we all no that just aint gona happen.

So we might as well all get drunk and watch the ship go down in flames.

:beer:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
give us money and create jobs and pump more money into the economy while fixing one are most vital problems. But we all no that just aint gona happen.
how exactly do you figure the gubment is going to create jobs? i laugh every time i hear a slimy lib say that the barry hussein omessiah is going to create jobs!

is the gubment going to open up more seats on the supreme court? add a few extra representatives for each state? there are a few jobs. add more postal workers?

the gubment doesn't create jobs. businesses and corporations create jobs when the gubment gets out of the way.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Cappy...thank the gubment you have a job...without the Army, you would be pulling teeth and treating gingivitis in the ghettoes of Trailerville, USA...oh wait...that's all you do in the Army???? Hmmmm......OK...without the gubment, you could atleast open up a barber shop

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Cappy...thank the gubment you have a job...without the Army, you would be pulling teeth and treating gingivitis in the ghettoes of Trailerville, USA...oh wait...that's all you do in the Army???? Hmmmm......
creating jobs in the army doesn't count. there are always jobs available in the army. anytime.

you are probably right. what in the hell would i have done without the army giving me a job. i'm sure i couldn't start my own practice and make $400K net all on my own....not without the gubment giving me a job....and you got one thing wrong about my job.....surgeons don't treat gingivitis, they reconstruct faces.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
the gubment doesn't create jobs. businesses and corporations create jobs when the gubment gets out of the way.
True. Government does not create jobs. It can only create a "growth friendly" environment in which private business can thrive. When business thrives, job openings follow. Low taxes and tax incentives can encourage that growth.

·
Registered
228 Posts
how exactly do you figure the gubment is going to create jobs? i laugh every time i hear a slimy lib say that the barry hussein omessiah is going to create jobs!

is the gubment going to open up more seats on the supreme court? add a few extra representatives for each state? there are a few jobs. add more postal workers?

First of all know who you are talking to before you go calling someone a slimy Lib.

I didn't say the gov sould create jobs by hiring more postal workers. :shaking:

What I said was the Gov should invest in infastructure. This creates jobs by pumping money into the economy. If the $700B was spent on infastructure projects than our system of free market would build those projects, thus creating jobs. If you spend $1B on a bridge somewhere than all that money creates jobs and puts money into that areas economy. If you look at history the largest economic booms came at times when money was being spent on large infastructure projects. As we came out of the depresion in 1934 we built The hoover dam the panama canal and created the US highway system.
In the late 50's and early 60's as we built the interstate highway system our economy experienced exponetial growth.

All I'm saying is instead of giving money to the people that wrote bad loans and the people the got bad loans (let them all fail and be homeless, I don't want to pay someone elses house payment) Invest in something that is going to help the economy as a whole, and at the same time help to solve a problem that needs solving.

Do you have any idea what $700B could build??

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
creating jobs in the army doesn't count. there are always jobs available in the army. anytime.

you are probably right. what in the hell would i have done without the army giving me a job. i'm sure i couldn't start my own practice and make $400K net all on my own....not without the gubment giving me a job....and you got one thing wrong about my job.....surgeons don't treat gingivitis, they reconstruct faces.
No...you assist MD plastics types to reconstruct faces...dentists pull teeth and give haircuts:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
First of all know who you are talking to before you go calling someone a slimy Lib.
:lol:

The one thing overlooked with the government funding a project is that government itself is not a business. It produces nothing to earn the money it receives. For government to create, it must first take away. Think of government operating as a post-hurricane cleanup. When Hurricane Ike went through Texas, jobs were created that were not there before. But for those jobs to be created, the hurricane had to first take away wealth. These jobs are short-lived. They give the economy a temporary boost, and do nothing for long-term economic stability. The workers had to work harder and longer to recover what was taken away from them.

If the goal is to create jobs, then build dams using spoons and butterknives. For an economy to maintain long term stability and growth, "wealth" needs to be generated. And that is handled best in a low tax "pro-growth" environment.

·
Registered
228 Posts
:lol:

The one thing overlooked with the government funding a project is that government itself is not a business. It produces nothing to earn the money it receives. For government to create, it must first take away. Think of government operating as a post-hurricane cleanup. When Hurricane Ike went through Texas, jobs were created that were not there before. But for those jobs to be created, the hurricane had to first take away wealth. These jobs are short-lived. They give the economy a temporary boost, and do nothing for long-term economic stability. The workers had to work harder and longer to recover what was taken away from them.

If the goal is to create jobs, then build dams using spoons and butterknives. For an economy to maintain long term stability and growth, "wealth" needs to be generated. And that is handled best in a low tax "pro-growth" environment.

So what your saying is that construction does not produce wealth??:question:

Why don't you read up on Rockafeller and Carnegie

and I never said anything about Taxes, I said if they are going to put the money somewhere why give it to the people that screwed us in the first place. and for the love of god don't buy everyones houses McCain :shaking:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
No...you assist MD plastics types to reconstruct faces...dentists pull teeth and give haircuts:thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:
if you say so....you obviously have no idea what oral and maxillofacial surgeons do. know how many omfs's have a dds and an md?

here ya go:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_and_maxillofacial_surgery

you can bet your ass that when you go flying through the windshield of your car and have broken every bone in your face, or you have an ied blow half your face off, they ain't callin' a plastic surgeon to put it back together.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
if you say so....you obviously have no idea what oral and maxillofacial surgeons do. know how many omfs's have a dds and an md?

here ya go:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_and_maxillofacial_surgery

you can bet your ass that when you go flying through the windshield of your car and have broken every bone in your face, or you have an ied blow half your face off, they ain't callin' a plastic surgeon to put it back together.

Maybe in the military, one may get these services, AND the level of care is more often then not dictated by the rank of the individual...in civilian life, we have had on occassion to call a maxillofacial surgeon for ED patients with NO insurance...those "health care providers" declined to participate...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.