JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this has been covered forgive me but since I now have a new slightly used 07 X wiith a soft top I am looking to winter and thinking a hard top will be needed here is Kansas with ice and snow and wind and COLD!

I have seen pictures of the BestTop with removable panels and of course seen the Mopar OEM top. I sort of like the BestTop better knowing nothing more than what I have read and seen--what say you guys who have seen both in the FLESH??

3X4X4

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
I personnaly have not ran a hard top but have toyed with the idea of picking one up. With the price I would have a hard time justifing a new top. You can pick up virtually brand new takeoffs from the forsale section for nearly half the price! That would be the way I would go myself...

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
I agree. Find somebody selling one. With the soft top as quiet as it is, many people including myself find themselves not using the hard top as much. I've even considered selling mine. I think I'm going to try running the soft top this winter and then decide.

As far as your original question. I have not seen the Bestop in person. I like the 3 piece design of the mopar, but it leaves you more succeptable to leaks. They are easier to store though, but then again the Bestop allows you to store the front panel on top.

If I was buying new, I'd buy the bestop.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
You may want to go through a winter with the soft top just to make sure you really need a hard top. I lived in Pittsburgh before moving to NC. I went through many winters with my old TJ and one winter with my JK and never did I consider buying a hard top. The soft top and the Jeep's awesome heater was more than adequate.

Just throwing that out there in case you'd rather take the hard top money and spend it elsewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts