JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the bestop duster decktop water proof?

what about when using the duster with the wraparound windjammer and the safaritop? how close to waterproof does that make your jeep?

any thoughts, comments or opinions on the fit and function of any of these - especially the wraparound version of the windjammer and the duster decktop.

thanks for any help!

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
If rooster ever signs back on...

He has the bestop bikini and I know he has the deck cover. Not srue if he has the windjammer or not. Ive seen his deckcover and it looks to be a good rain deterrent.

I have my tub herculined, so I dont worry too much about rain. The only thing I "worry" about is the woofer in the back. So I've considered getting a deck cover. Kinda pricey though. Especially for a guy who is about to upgrade lift/shafts/brake lines ......:beer:

Id be interested to hear how waterproof the setup is anyways.

Cant imagine it being too good. there's gaps in the bikini top alone.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, the wraparound windjammer covers quite a bit more on the sides and *looks* like it attaches to the duster decktop, but i'm can't really tell for sure if there is an attachment there that would make it water tight.

i also wonder about how water tight it is at the place where the bikini top meets the top of the doors. does that area seal up?

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
i also wonder about how water tight it is at the place where the bikini top meets the top of the doors. does that area seal up?

No. Not completely. that's where the leaking is. It has the rails where it inserts into the plastic door frames just like the Mopar top. But it has these god awful gaps in it so you can also attach it directly to the roll bars.

Like I said in the other post on the RR mirror thread, my comfort zone is very wide open and it doesnt bother me. But if youre a stickler about the interior, it's definitely not a water tight solution.

Given any thoughts to just herculining it and saying F it? heheheheh

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wheel the crap out of my jeep, but i still want to keep the paint and body intact and the interior clean! i don't want this one getting soaked just yet. i want it to stay clean. my chopped up TJ is for leaving out in the rain. it has rhino liner in it! the rhino liner still doesn't keep my ass dry though, and nothing bugs me more than driving with a wet ass from sitting in a wet seat!

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
i wheel the crap out of my jeep, but i still want to keep the paint and body intact and the interior clean! i don't want this one getting soaked just yet. i want it to stay clean. my chopped up TJ is for leaving out in the rain. it has rhino liner in it! the rhino liner still doesn't keep my ass dry though, and nothing bugs me more than driving with a wet ass from sitting in a wet seat!
I hear ya. I had to put my top back on. I live in florida and from July til about September we have a DAILY thunderstorm. I dont mind getting wet if Im not going anywhere in particular. But I work in the medical field and have to hit sites all day long. They sort of expect a degree of professionalism from me, so I have to at least LOOK like I know what Im doing. Not like I just stepped off the trail eheheheh

I hear ya.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Keep in mind that EVEN the Bestop stuff that is SAID to be waterproof (OEM soft top/ Freedom 3 pc hardtop) really is not. I wouldnt trust any Bestop claims these days until they get their quality control back in check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts