JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I remember seeing that someone in the area had one for sale that they say they put on one time and took off. Anyone know who that was? What do you guys think of these? Anyone have one? Likes, Dislikes, Alternatives?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11131_013X_PG.htm

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Hey, I remember seeing that someone in the area had one for sale that they say they put on one time and took off. Anyone know who that was? What do you guys think of these? Anyone have one? Likes, Dislikes, Alternatives?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11131_013X_PG.htm
Yeah I got one. It's "ok".

Major PITA to install with the door surrounds (waaaaay to tight, about broke some fingers)

Header bow doesn't fit perfectly (piss off, I'm a little OCD)

Overall, I'm glad I didn't buy it new~ due to the cost.

On that note, you wanna buy a slightly used bikini top?? :grinpimp:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I have been watching the video on the spiderweb over and over again. :grinpimp:

Looks like a kewl product and they are based in Orlando. Just wish they had a number so I can call with some questions.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I got the Dirty Dog top...wheich is a lot like the spider web product. Some folks on the "other forum" told me that the Dirty Dog was a bit better quality so I went with it.
It works well...I like that it's mesh and you can leave it on with the top up or down.

http://www.dirtydog4x4.com/

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have a spiderweb shade top and I LOVE IT!!! Best accessory I have bought for my Jeep to date!!
I also have an "in" with the guy as he's in our Jeep Club.... :)

best part about it is that you can put the top down over the spiderweb shade without removing it, and it doesn't get in the way.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have the Bestop Bikini for my Unlimited and I don't hate it. Kind of a pain to put on and I'm always tightening it back up due to wind flapping but overall I would buy it again. :beer:

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I have 2 piece rampage, front is fine but back part flaps WAY too much, needs a bow to hold it down

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a spiderweb shade top and I LOVE IT!!! Best accessory I have bought for my Jeep to date!!

best part about it is that you can put the top down over the spiderweb shade without removing it, and it doesn't get in the way.
Hey, databyte. How is it as far as head room? I am 6'1" and I am afraid I am going to be hitting my head on it.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hey, databyte. How is it as far as head room? I am 6'1" and I am afraid I am going to be hitting my head on it.
well, I'm 6'3 and I dont have any issue with it. It actually stretches over the speaker/roll bar when you install it so if you dont have issues with the roll bar you should be just fine!

·
Registered
5,418 Posts

best accessory you bought? :thefinger:
lucky winner

·
Registered
735 Posts
I am thinking about losing my soft top and running bikini top full time. What is a good one to get, about the only one I see out there is the besttop??? Any others?

·
Registered
6 Posts
bestop

I've got a new bestop bikini and header for a JK in the boxes, never installed.
Impulse purchace I'm never going to use . If any one is interested PM me.
Peter

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the Spiderweb shade and LOVE it! Have a 4-door. Very little flapping on the highway and makes it remarkably cooler when the hot sun is on you. Like DataByte said, it's one of my best additions for my JK.:beer:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JKSwede,

I would probably purchase the Spyder top, but I can't reach the company. I have sent emails through their site and even left a message with a lady I reached at a phone number I found on the boards and she said someone would call me back. This leaves me wondering about after the purchase customer service if something isn't right. Looks like a kewl product though.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
4 DR Bikini top here (bestop).

At higher speeds it kept coming loose in the front, by the channel bar..I was on the freeway and the front popped out from the channel bar, causing a parachute affect and me nearly to sh!t myself!

That, and the entire top itself would loosen (over time) and sag.

I did a simple mod to the top itself and badda bing...no more issues at all!!:thefinger:

I'd buy it again!!:)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts