JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
without getting a whole new kit :p

I have a Superlift 4" kit installed and I'm looking for a little more lift. The weight of the bumpers and skids are really taking their toll and i still plan on a winch and the EVO armor (or equivalent).

Is it as easy I as replacing the springs with say the poly 4.5" or more?

I'm mainly in the rocks but I still want to maintain onroad driveability.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have a Superlift 4" kit installed and I'm looking for a little more lift. The weight of the bumpers and skids are really taking their toll and i still plan on a winch and the EVO armor (or equivalent).
I went with a set of ACOS for those very reasons. They are pretty easy to adjust and have plenty of lift available for compensating for the sag from winch/bumpers. With these you can keep the springs you have and adjust them as needed.

The fronts were fairly involved to install and included welding but the rears went in pretty easily with a little drilling.

·
Registered
279 Posts
without getting a whole new kit :p

Is it as easy I as replacing the springs with say the poly 4.5" or more?

I'm mainly in the rocks but I still want to maintain onroad driveability.

Thoughts?

I had the 4" superlift and replaced my springs with the poly performance 4.5" for the same reason.

The poly performance springs were designed for a true 4.5" of lift with the added weight of bumpers, winch and spare tire.

With that being said, with all the added weight from my bumpers winch and spare, I still netted a little over 5" of lift with the poly springs

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
superlift and full traction are the only two companies that actually give you less lift than what they advertise. with all the other companies, you usually get a little more.

options, in order from best to not as good....
1. get new 4.5" poly springs.
2. body lift.
3. coil spacers.
4. remove bumpers and spare tire.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeff, are you still running the Superlift shocks? If not, what size are you running now?

I had the 4" superlift and replaced my springs with the poly performance 4.5" for the same reason.

The poly performance springs were designed for a true 4.5" of lift with the added weight of bumpers, winch and spare tire.

With that being said, with all the added weight from my bumpers winch and spare, I still netted a little over 5" of lift with the poly springs

·
Registered
279 Posts
Jeff, are you still running the Superlift shocks? If not, what size are you running now?

Nope, I am on my 3rd set of shocks.

I started with the superlift, but they were too short, plenty of up travel, but little down travel,

Then I went for some skyjackers for a 5" JK lift. These were OK, but came across a deal on the Fox 2.0 emulsion 11" travel shocks on all four corners which I am still running.

In reality with the adapters they give me an additional 1" of down travel. The front come about an inch from bottoming out.
I also have poly rear shock relocation kit also, and have these moved to the highest setting, and they still do not bottom out.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Was thinking of doing the same thing, but only on the front. I got the Pro Comp that actually was 4" of lift in front, 2.5" in the rear. I would have to make some other adjustments to put 4.5s on the rear.

Or maybe I just upgrade to a long arm.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll go with the poly 4.5's but as I was thinking, and you posted above, my Superlift shocks aren't going to cut it.

so would a 10" work or do I need to go with 12" (I'm looking at FOA's - http://f-o-a.com/index.html) which don't have a 11" option.

you also mentioned adapters, this is all knew to me so could you give me some more insight here?

·
Openly Hostile
6,939 Posts
I'll go with the poly 4.5's but as I was thinking, and you posted above, my Superlift shocks aren't going to cut it.

so would a 10" work or do I need to go with 12" (I'm looking at FOA's - http://f-o-a.com/index.html) which don't have a 11" option.

you also mentioned adapters, this is all knew to me so could you give me some more insight here?
I have been looking at the FOA off and on. I'd like their 12" trave, 32.25" extended. I currently have Rancho's that are 10" travel, 30" extended. I have absolutely no idea what compression and rebound values would be needed tho.

·
Registered
279 Posts

The rear adapter is a bar pin eliminator

The front is a shock conversion that can use a bushing style shock, that eliminates the threaded stud that JK front shocks use.

Going by the FOA shocks it seems that the 10" travel shocks would work better, the are pretty close to the fox shocks that I have

The shocks I have are 28.1" extended and 17.1" collapsed

Here are the poly shocks that are designed to work with their lifts, and the collapsed and extended lengths are close to what I am using.
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Poly-Performance-Jeep-JK-Synergy-Shock-Set-p-16742.html

This will give you an idea of what lengths to look for when looking at shocks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.