JKOwners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The first time you use it you need to connect it to the PC. That is the only update I needed. Took about 25 minutes to complete.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks Edmond. I just got a new Mac but I'm glad i kept my old windows machine so i can still run my tuners since Mac OS are not supported. Did you get the SC from a vendor?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've got the Diablo in tune on my 2014. Running 87 octane tune with 10% throttle boost. Noticeable throttle response on when on interstate doing 70 I can average between 24.5 and 26 mpg.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I don't have a 12, but run Hypertech on mine.

I've actually been to the Hypertech facility, seen how they tune their vehicles and talked to them about their tuning methods.

·
Vendor
35 Posts
Aeroforce scan gauge is only for display/monitoring. Ive had them in the past and they are very nice to have.
The Aeroforce gauge will also program tire size, TPMS pressure, idle speed, transfer case ratio, ESP system disable, axle ratio adjustment, and turn off the sway bar light. It only costs a little more than the AEV but you don't have to put it away after making changes, being a gauge it also displays any OBD2 parameter that you'd want to see including oil temp and pressure, trans temp, coolant, etc. read and clear DTC's, and has a performance timer.

Todd

·
Registered
125 Posts
D'S trinity has no way to talk to the transmission their tech support said. So no monitoring of transmission temp or changing shift points. At least on the 12s and newer with the 5 spd auto.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
D'S trinity has no way to talk to the transmission their tech support said. So no monitoring of transmission temp or changing shift points. At least on the 12s and newer with the 5 spd auto.
This has to be a model year issue. Like you said 2012 and up.

I have a 2008 and I have all the Trans stuff to adjust and I can pull up a Trans temp gauge as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah it kinda sucks. One of the reasons I bought it.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
You might want to double check that. They removed it from one of their revisions by accident and I don't remember it coming back...or I just haven't updated in a while
It's there. I run the trinity plugged in all the time for the gauges, one of which I use is trans temp. I have their newest update.

·
Registered
143 Posts
So Yay or Nay on the AEV pro cal?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I just got my Superchips Flashpaq and so far I love it. not sure I would have bought a programmer if I had a standard tranny but it has made a noticeable difference with my auto tranny. I can definitely feel a firmer shift and there is no "lag" between shifts. the throttle response has also improved along with it feeling more "froggy". right now I am running it on the 93 octane tune because that is what I normally run in my vehicles anyway. I am also still getting around 16 mpg when on the 93 octane tune.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I run the intune(2007-2010 jk's) (Auto) from my Ripp SC. nice tool even without the SC installed. I want to get another one that is not locked. awesome diagnostic tool, had it hooked up to laptop logging in real time a few times. I had a misfire and was able to pinpoint with the proper parameters that it was #3cyl and voltage was lower on #3, changed the one plug wire no more misfires.
I also have an AEV procal witch I stack onto my SC tune to get my DRL's to my Park/Turn signals:)

the AEV is not for performance tuning, maybe tire size might be considered sort of tuning!

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Awesome product.

Depends on what you want it to do.

Want it to adjust your speedo for tire size. It will do that.

Want it to delete or change your TPMS sensors. It'll do that too

Want it to give you a performance tune or change shifting parameters, data logging, code reading? Nope

·
Registered
310 Posts
I had hoped that would go without saying. But you are, if course, correct.

After all, one does not buy an iPad expecting it to make daquiris.

:)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I use AEV procal and have used the superchip flashpack. The flashpack is more user friendly, you just have to make sure you have the correct model of you regear in a 2012+ automatic.

AEV procal is good and simplistic. I used it to fixed my limp mode issue.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts