JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the factory manual is probably the "best" but I don't exactly have access to one. In the past I've used Haynes manuals as they are readily available and cheap, however today I looked for one for my 2007 and the only one I could find said 80-something to 2008 and had a picture of a YJ on the cover. I know that can't be right. I didn't see anything JK specific which makes me question if a JK Haynes manual would even be reliable if they can't even get the years right.

What does everyone use?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I got the factory service manual running on the netbook computer mounted on the dash. I also have the factory parts manual for my year and 2007.

With all the problems I have had with my jeep, it has been well worth the extra coin.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I know the factory manual is probably the "best" but I don't exactly have access to one. In the past I've used Haynes manuals as they are readily available and cheap, however today I looked for one for my 2007 and the only one I could find said 80-something to 2008 and had a picture of a YJ on the cover. I know that can't be right. I didn't see anything JK specific which makes me question if a JK Haynes manual would even be reliable if they can't even get the years right.

What does everyone use?
The haynes does have the JK in the manual, it covers yj, tj and jk to 08' although the jk sections are not as in depth as other haynes manuals, it will help you fix whats broken.

Besides the haynes i have the factory shop manual, which is more detailed but not as esay to flip thru than he haynes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.