JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to visit Colorado Springs in Colorado this summer and might be planning to move there in October. I would rather to move to Colorado Springs and I was wondering if maybe Black Forest would be a good place to settle with my wife and three kids? If not, where else? I'm more into Ranch-style living and residing maybe around 10 miles or so away from stores and etc.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I live just southeast of Black forest (Falcon). I would like to move in that area. Just make sure it's not in a area that is being made into developed areas unless you want that.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The NE is District 20, which has the best schools.
I live out west, about 30-40 min from The Springs and its much more rural than the suburban Hell that is Colorado Springs.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You mention you are visiting...drive around and get a feel for neighborhoods and if they suit your personality. One person's trash is another's treasure. If you aren't used to snow, you probably don't want to live in Woodland Park. If you and the missus like the nightlife, you might want to be close to downtown so walking or cabbing it is realistic.

Me, I like the bluecollar / hippie mix of eastern Manitou Springs. If you are loaded, you can always look down by the broadmoor. :)

Nothing out here is bad crime like Detroit/L.A.. Some neighborhoods are better than others, but none would bother me.

10 miles is about 30 mins depending on the route.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Some neighborhoods are better than others, but none would bother me.
Some would bother me a lot. What kind of price range and land vs house size? I know a good realtor (he's good with short sales too) if interested.

·
Registered
181 Posts
District 12 Schools get high numbers (SW side of town) as do District 20.
D-12 is a little closer to downtown but any sizeable piece of land will cost you dearly. Housing around the Broadmoor is outrageous but Skyway has some older homes decent value. Zip Codes 80906 and some of 80905 if you are searching.

Manitou has good schools too.

Black Forest is nice but they get considerably more snow than down south.
Don't know the school district that well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts