JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm upgrading my front axle in my JK, and I'm looking for a front OEM rubi e-locker. I really don't have the extra coin to jump into an ARB right this second, and I can't seem to find them on any of the online factory parts websites. Anyone have a lead to one, or even an idea of how much they are going for? If the cost is close to the same, I guess I will be going with the ARB, and saving up a couple of more duckets.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I believe the cost is close to the same if you are looking to buy a brand new Mopar unit from a distributor. Depending on how you want to wire it vs. if you already have a compressor for an ARB, your prices could vary a couple hundred dollars between OEM and ARB.

I've seen used ones go from $400-$600 here.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that is what I'm starting to find out. If that's the case, I might as well get the ARB, unless someone posts up here that they have one for sale for a decent price. Thanks axsys.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep. I am planning on using RCV shafts, so I could go ARB if needed, but I'm trying to keep under a certain budget, and the ARB would put me over that, especially with having to buy the compressor as well.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I recommend the rubi locker. I have the Arb in my rear and have had issue after issue. The front is holding strong and it had already been wheeled hard by someone else before I got it. Just my .02.

·
Premium Member
4,937 Posts
There was one in the fs section not too long ago-cant remember if it was a front or rear though. OEM and was a good price is all I remember...getting older sucks!

Edit: found it but its for the rear-good luck!!

Is this thing on?.....

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, I always thought ARB had a good reputation. Still not sure what direction I am going yet. I tried looking back through the for sale section and doing a search, I'll try to look again.

Thanks everyone!

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I know several guys running the ARB. Its a great locker (sorry that guy above is having issues). But the OE E-locker is also very good. JP mag gave it a top rating in a locker shootout last year. "Pros: designed by a million dollar budget and a battery of engineers.."

I like the E-locker since you don't have to have on board air to lock up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts