JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for off road gas and water cans.

I currently have a few roto pax cans, I love them but at $50 -100 a can its crazy money in my opinion.

Is there something out there cheaper? Better?

Any opinions and what location are you running yours ..bumper mounts, custom carriers?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

· Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
14,592 Posts
You might get away with some cheap aftermarket watercans but the rotopax are top of the line. Not a single leak in the months that they have been on the back of the jeep. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

What kind of bumper do you have? Stock, Aftermarket? I am running a rockhard rear with their attachments to carry 2 2 gallon water and 2 2 gallon fuel.

· Registered
972 Posts
I have the knuckles offroad spare delete plate with rotopax mounts. The rotopax are probably some of the best fuel containers I have owned, EXCEPT FOR THE POUR SPOUTS! Throw those carb compliant pieces of shit away. I have a small stash of flexible non glug yellow ones and use those instead.

On another note, be sure to use the fuel when you refill after your offroading trip. I would also recommend using non-ethanol fuel if you can find it as it keeps longer and is less caustic on the container material.

· Registered
100 Posts
I have the knuckles offroad spare delete plate with rotopax mounts. The rotopax are probably some of the best fuel containers I have owned, EXCEPT FOR THE POUR SPOUTS! Throw those carb compliant pieces of shit away. I have a small stash of flexible non glug yellow ones and use those instead.

On another note, be sure to use the fuel when you refill after your offroading trip. I would also recommend using non-ethanol fuel if you can find it as it keeps longer and is less caustic on the container material.
Where did you get the other pour spouts from? I hate all those CARB ones. They either seem to leak when pouring or are a pain in the ass to use.

· Registered
621 Posts
Rotopax are nice but to pricey for my budget. I picked up some of the old military jerry cans and built a mount to hold two on the back of the Jeep along with my high lift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.