JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,950 Posts
A lot people like the Mopar Kicker direct replacements. You can get them from vendors on this site. Jdemonto with Airpark Chrysler/Jeep stocks them and has a good price on them. Send him a PM for pricing. Also, they are direct replacement so no adapters or harness cutting needed and allow reuse of the factory sound bar grilles. There are a bunch of threads here in the JK Electrical Tech section with testimonials on the sounds quality. :beer:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Slap dynamat on as much enclosure surface as possible and stuff the enclosures with polyfill. Works great and don't cost much. JMHO

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Skip all that other shite. I got a set of Polk db components up front, and coax's in the back. Marine rated, and they haven't quit in over a year of major abuse.
Run off a MB Quart marine 4-channel via a Pioneer HU, sound quality and volume are both pretty solid. They'll handle anything you throw at them with aplomb, and look decent besides- plus, with a little love, and adapters from Crutchfield, they fit fine in the OEM spots- Mark W.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Slap dynamat on as much enclosure surface as possible and stuff the enclosures with polyfill. Works great and don't cost much. JMHO
Another vote for this approach. :beer:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have alpines in mine. They sound great. You should get component speakers for the front. The tweaters were way easier to install then the 6" speakers. I got the alpines to fit under the stock tweeter grill by taking it out of it's enclosure. Then it fit right in. Then you just run the crossover wire down and plug into the big speaker. Don't be afraid of the tweaters. Get the right speakers. The stock speakers suck

Even if you get the best speakers in the world they won't be much better running through the stock head unit. I had the infinitys and they just sounded a little better. After I hooked up an alpine 4 channel amp they sound awesome!! Very loud and clear speakers.

·
Banned
37 Posts
JL Audio makes some of the best products out there. I have them in my boats and as my home audio subwoofer and there is NOTHING that beats them in my opinion.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I still swear by focal. The access series sound amazing don't cost a fortune and are marine grade.

I am running the kevlar series KRx2's for my front stage and Kevlar components in the sound bar. Running 300 watts to each speaker.

Yeah you can hear everything fine crystal clear top on or off.

:mr-t:I pity the fool who don't buy the good tweets and beats.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I still swear by focal. The access series sound amazing don't cost a fortune and are marine grade.

I agree completely H.I.I.K. Focal are a quality speaker. I run the Kevlar in the dash and sound bar.

I have one JL 10WO to bring the base.............. :smokin:

·
Registered
564 Posts
I agree completely H.I.I.K. Focal are a quality speaker. I run the Kevlar in the dash and sound bar.

I have one JL 10WO to bring the base.............. :smokin:
so glad to know I'm not the only one who buys expensive speakers.

I have 3 JL10W6 to bring a whole lot of bass. :bounce::bounce:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts