JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all come from all over this great nation...and we all love our own brand of fast food...no...not Mickey D's, Booger King, Arbey's, etc...your fave place for a quick BBQ sandwich, a great home made burger, great brisket, crab cakes...

I'll start with 2...in Norfolk, we have Doumar's...been around for almost a hundred years...fresh made daily hamburghers cooked to order...big hangout for the local politicos during lunch time...some interesting $hit these "power brokers" talk about.

Second, Johnson's Pharmacy in Walden, NY....been around for over 80 years, still a small town pharmacy, and still has a luncheonette/soda fountain set up with what I believe to be the best home made burghers, fries, and vanilla malted milks.

What have you got in your home town?:beer:

·
Registered
705 Posts
The Bellaire Broiler Burger -- damn good burgers, been around long enough to accumulate about 1" of cooked-on grease on every wall. (About the fifties, I'd say.) Still only takes cash$$.

Brother's Taco Stand - only open for breakfast and lunch, has a line around the place and down the block pretty much that entire time. I have to dodge their traffic every morning to work. If you're into barbacoa, they've got it good.

BBQ Sandwich? Thelma's. Nuff 'said.

!c

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jk...I have to say that some of the best BBQ I've had was when I was at Ft Wolters, Texas...been a while.....

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
Choke on those cakes Dusty or send em this way. I told you I was a whore. I'm not over that taste tease just yet. I still smell em. :bawling:

Here in the sticks, fast food is that which runs in front of the car...And then, I guess it's really not that fast.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
I miss In and Out Burgers... :bawling::bawling::bawling:

And Jack-In-The-Box... :bawling::bawling::bawling:

And Sonny's BBQ... :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

The Cuban food on the other hand is tremendous here!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Choke on those cakes Dusty or send em this way. I told you I was a whore. I'm not over that taste tease just yet. I still smell em. :bawling:

Here in the sticks, fast food is that which runs in front of the car...And then, I guess it's really not that fast.

A whore, huh??? Do you do Greek?:laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

I'll tell ya' what I'll do...send me your address in a PM, and I'll see what I can do about shipping you some fresh made, uncooked, flash frozen crab cakes;)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I miss In and Out Burgers... :bawling::bawling::bawling:

The Cuban food on the other hand is tremendous here!

Yeppers...I don't miss much about SOFLA except for the media noches, cortaditos, mojitos, and piccadillo:beer:

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
First time I ever visited Florida there was a sign that said "Best Cuban Snadwiches" in town and I thought that it was rather strange and rather cannabilistic.....

Bastrop has an one of the oldest Drug Stores in the US and it still hass the original old Soda Fountain with the old pulls and marble counter and the works and makes a mean Malt....

The road house has a good burger and some other good food....

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SoCal = In N Out burger. And LA is Tommy's. Emmmm... getting hungery...

I cannot remeber the exact location or the name, but in SOCAL, LA specifically, there was a taco stand in a building that was at the apex of criss crossing streets...like an X....damn best burritos I have ever had...even better then in Mexico.

·
Premium Member
15,290 Posts
I love authentic Greek and Mediterranean almost as much as good fresh seafood. But I simply miss the HE!! out of the east coast fare. I may take you up on the offer, but I rarely enjoy asking for favors. I would be forever in debt. It's been so long, I wouldn't know how to behave. Add some Sol. Fit for a king indeed! :)

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
There is a sandwich shop in South Beach called "La Sandwicherie", and it would most likely be the only thing I would miss if I ever get to move away from this sewer.

I just took my rig there 2 nights ago... thats a different story.. I am going to have to take some dash came video of the reactions to my Jeep when I go into South Beach.. hilarious!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I would love to have a good Greek joint around here,,,,I have heard the place up on 71good greek food though...

Another place I forgot in Austin for damn good burgers is Dan's or Fran's Burgers....and you can get some damn fine Texmex at just about anyplace in Austin too......mmmmm, Texmex.. Austin actually has more restaurants per capita than anywhere in the US (or used to at least, don't know if they still hold that record)....

·
Registered
898 Posts
Boar's Tavern, Loudon, NH. Best gravy cheese fries on the planet and they make a steak tip sandwich that puts others to shame. $2.50 Guinness draft pints don't hurt either. :D

·
Registered
898 Posts
Oh yeah............don't live there anymore but Jose T. Garcia's in Fort Worth, Texas is/was the best Mexican food I've ever had. The building had a 15 degree list to starboard, you had to walk through the kitchen to get to the dining room but DAMN.........:D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.