JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I was wondering what the best excuse you have ever told your significance other about why you need to buy what you did for your Jeep.

The wife keeps asking too many questions... I'm looking for reasons to buy things!

Thanx,
Shantz

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm a man and it's my money I buy what I want. That one always has worked for me at least thus far.:thankyou:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It's a choice or mid life crises.... either a toy (aka JEEP) or toy ( aka young chic)
She lets me play with my toy.

Plus I buy her anything she wants.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Upgrades for the Jeep or Strippers

Let her make the choice, that way she feels better about being involved in the decisions.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,099 Posts
So that you won't be stranded out on the trail (hopefully) and be that guy who is always on the verge of breaking.

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,383 Posts
I am my excuse.

·
Registered
377 Posts
When I had a Samurai I broke down and was stranded 60 miles from pavement. I was basically missing for 36 hours.
When I took my dual sport bike out I broke my foot and missed a couple months work.

So if it's to make the "new" Jeep more reliable and less likely to get stuck she doesn't mind too much.

If I didn't spend it on the Jeep I would spend it on making my 63' Nova faster...

I do occasionally have to remind her that I don't do drugs or drink much and I am rarely out past 9pm.

I could always sell the Jeep and get back into offroad racing and be gone for days at a time in Mexico also...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Never had that problem.:shrug:
Of course, she has her own Jeep so just about any purchase I make goes more like this--"Hey, I'm buying this thing for the jeep, this is what it does/is for, should I get two?

·
Registered
723 Posts
I don't ask, I just do it. If she doesn't like it she can take her own car or walk.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nothing. I bought her her own Jeep, so now I have 2 to upgrade :thefinger::gluging:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine loves Jeeps too. She's buying me rock rails and some L.E.D. lighting for Christmas. :bounce: The only problem I have lately is who gets to drive it next time off-road. Now I just need to get her one too.:eek:

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
The few items under $200-300 dollar range I will buy with my own money. Big items $1,000+ I'd rather spend 'our' money. With spending our money the excuses have to be really good such as, not getting stranded type scenarios. My B-day and Christmas are close together so she knows the drill by now too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts