JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am going to upgrade to the Rock Hard 4x4 rear bumper with tire carrier and am trying to find the best price on it.

Right now I have found it at ibexmotorsport.com for $969.95.

Any of our forum dealers have a better deal?

Also, has anyone tried to cut in any rear lights in this bumper?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the Rock Hard for several reasons:

The tire carrier attaches on both sides and allows for attachments
The bumper hugs close to the Jeep
The way the sides and bottom are finished as skids
The flat expanse on the back gives me mounting area for flush mounted lights.
The hitch/receiver is integrated higher in the bumper so as not to catch on rocks.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
If you have your heart set on the Rock Hard, go for it. I had one and it was a quality piece of kit.

But I will tell you this....those are made of 1/4" plate and the bumper and carrier weigh 180 lbs together. That's ridiculously heavy, about the heaviest out there. I won't go into telling you the myriad advantages of saving weight where you can - the info is out there - just something to consider.

Holy crap, just looked at the ACE site - 190 lbs! Nice bumper, but damn....

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Heavy but she can hold up to the abuse. There is one section on one trail we run down here that everytime I smack the bumper on I don't even worry about it. I know that the rockhard bumper will hold up.

I would try Northridge for free shipping.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I will give 1000 thumbs up for the Rock Hard bumper carrier!!! I had the Jeeperman version on my LJ before they split.

Ive dropped on it, jacked on it, and was rear ended at about 20mph and it didn't bend or damage anything on it. It put a slight ding in my gate where the bump stop was.

It demolished the front end of the brand new f150 that hit me. I had a 37 and a jerry can mount on it at the time.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I was looking at the same bumper but didn't like how far back everything sat and then i stumbled upon this one.
http://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JKBmp/JK-RDAG-DLX.html
looks like the best rear bumper/tire carrier this side of the Mississippi, just haven't heard much about it.... Any one heard of this thing?
I have their engine and exhaust skids. Beefy stuff. Great prices. I have been eyeing their rear bumper set up as well. I wont cut my rear frame off tho so I like their other bumper.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
I think I am going to upgrade to the Rock Hard 4x4 rear bumper with tire carrier and am trying to find the best price on it.

Right now I have found it at ibexmotorsport.com for $969.95.

Any of our forum dealers have a better deal?

Also, has anyone tried to cut in any rear lights in this bumper?
Is that price shipped?

Shoot me a PM if you would like. I would ship it directly from them to you and they generally ship FAST.

Great products and customer service at Rock Hard!

Marcus

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts